Adrenaline

Braeden's POV

My friends and I all stood up frantically. The crowd was cheering. Declan had won but... all of us were extremely worried.

He was barely standing, and blood was dripping down his body, staining the arena floor.

"Declan..." Lenny said with worry.

"Oh no..." Said Tirza.

"Maybe I can-" Valé started.

"No." I said to her. "Those are a lot of injuries Valé. If you take them all on at once..."

"It's alright. Declan's tough." Dylan said.

"Are you serious?!" Arron angrily said to Kaiana.

"Get off the arena." Kaiana sternly said.

Arron rolled his eyes and flung the blood off of his swords before turning his arms back to normal. Then he stormed off of the arena.

Declan took a knee, holding his ribcage in pain while continuing to bleed.

The medic team came out of the arena, and took Declan away on a stretcher.

Dylan then stood up.

"Make sure he's alright guys." Dylan said as he began walking down to the arena. "I've gotta get out there."

"Dylan! Good luck!" I called out to him as he ran down to the arena.

Dylan's POV

I walked out onto the arena. Vix did the same, facing me from the other side.

"Our next fighters are ready to go! They've already appeared on the arena! Dylan Fitzgerald against Ronnie Vix!" LeYuani exclaimed as the stadium loudly cheered for us.

Vix and I stared each other down.

"This is a bad matchup for you." Vix said to me. "I'll try to make it quick."

"You think I'm quitting over a bad matchup?" I said.

"And..." LeYuani started. "Begin!"

I immediately ran towards Vix. I can't do anything without a combo, so I've gotta get it going!

As I closed in on Vix he unleashed a shockwave of dark energy at me.

"Damn...!" I cursed as the shockwave consumed me, and launched me back into the air.

I regained my balance and landed on my feet, still in bounds.

His power felt strange. It both burned like frostbite and like fire. I guess that's the power of darkness.

"You can't get close to me." Vix said. "If you try, I'll blow you away with a shockwave every time. You can't get your combo going so just give up."

Vix unleashed another dark shockwave at me. I braced myself as it came hurdling towards.

I threw a punch straight into the shockwave. My arm singed with pain.

"A-Argh!" I cried out as I pulled my arm back and the shockwave consumed me again, blasting me into the ground.

"Dylan is launched straight into the arena floor!" LeYuani exclaimed. "But he's not out yet!"

I slowly stood back up.

This is going to be extremely difficult... I can't even get close to him. How do I win this?

Braeden's POV

"Bruised ribs. Strained forearms. Lots of blood loss." Declan spoke. "They told me I won't be able to compete in the next round."

We were visiting Declan in the recovery room. He was laying on a bed with his legs and arms wrapped in bandages, and his chest wrapped in gauze.