Friend

Dylan's POV

"Sorry to call you all here last minute." Spex said.

Myself, Lee, Lenny, Declan, Tirza, Capri, Callie, and Valé all stood before Spex. We could only assume it was about Braeden.

"What's going on Spex?" Declan asked.

"Late last night, I made contact with Braeden." Spex said.

"You saw him...?" Capri asked.

"What did he steal now? Did you talk to him?" Lee asked.

Spex looked down at the ground before explaining.

"He hasn't slept, or eaten in days. He's constantly fighting in the streets, helping people." Said Spex. "He's being forced by Coltech to do what they say. If he doesn't, something will kill all of you."

We all went silent as thunder rumbled the roof.

Braeden... is doing this to protect us?

"He... told you this?" Lenny asked.

"He didn't have to." Said Spex. "If he truly was a supervillain, he wouldn't be out constantly helping people."

"He wouldn't have saved me..." Valé said.

"But... how would Coltech kill us?" Tirza asked.

"They created the strongest Supervillain ever." Said Callie. "Who knows what else they can do?"

"I don't understand." Lee started. "This doesn't helped anything. I get that he's scared, especially after the war but what are we supposed to do now?"

"We find him." I spoke. "And we bring him home."

"That's right." Spex nodded. "That's the one thing Braeden needs right now more than anything. But before you go... it's time you all learned the truth about his power."

Braeden's POV

I smashed my leg into a villain, knocking him out as he fell to the ground.

"Are you hurt?" I asked the two civilians that the villain had attacked.

"P-Purple Lightning..." One of them said with fear.

"Just like that girl... h-he's with Coltech!" The other exclaimed as they ran away with fear.

I blasted away, jumping from building to building.

Aziel... how much longer do I have to do your dirty work? Devin will be complete soon... which means I have to unlock The Perfect Hyper Crystal's full potential... I can't let her hurt anybody else.

"There he is!"

"Kill him!" I heard voices down on the street, and saw 2 villains about to attack me. One could create clones made of fire, stone, and sand. The other was shooting blasts of fire, lighting, and ice from his teeth. I recognized these villains. Power Clone and Strong Jaw.

I dodged their attacks as I blitzed down to the ground to face them.

I stumbled back as a wave of fatigue rushed over my body.

"Fire Fang!" Strong Jaw yelled as he blasted me back with a row of fiery fangs.

I fell to the ground, I was so tired that I struggled to get back up.

Get up. Keep fighting. You want everyone to live a normal life like they did before right? You want to smile with the people you love like you used to right? Then you have to... keep fighting...

"G-Gah...!" I cried out as Power Clone's stone copy plowed it's fist into my stomach.

I tumbled back against the ground. I can take villains... my Hyper Level is over 70,000 higher than there's. So why...?