The Final Act Begins

Braeden's POV

The room went silent.

"Who is she...?" Callie asked.

"She's the lead scientist at Coltech..." Said Spex.

The lead scientist...? So then...

"You're the one who gave Devin her power." I said.

"My name is Sheena." She panted. "You have to stop Devin... she wants to kill every person without superpowers. She already killed Aziel. Everything within Coltech is here. She's going to wipeout every human without a Hyper Crystal!"

"Genocide? Devin's going to commit mass genocide?" Lee asked.

"Then there's no time..." Spex spoke. "Dammit... I was planning on having you all attack tomorrow... but this is much more serious than I thought. If Aziel is dead-"

"Wait." Declan started. "She's with Coltech. How can we trust her? What if this is some kind of setup?"

I looked at Sheena.

"Aziel... he made me work for him." I said to her. "Did Devin really do it? She really killed him?"

"I'm telling the truth!" Sheena exclaimed, then she looked at Lenny. "You... you lost your powers. Isn't that right?"

"Y-Yeah?" Lenny said.

She then looked at Spex, and back at Lenny.

"I can do something about that! But... please! You have to stop Devin! She's the greatest threat in mankind history!" Sheena exclaimed.

"Spex?" Dylan said. "What do we do?"

Spex took a deep breath before responding.

"Callie, Capri, Tirza, and Valé. I'm sending you all to evacuate as many people as you can! Take them to underground bomb shelters across the country!" Spex said. "Jayden, and Ike will go with you. Braeden, Lee, Lenny, Dylan, and Preston. It's up to you... to defeat Coltech once and for all!"

"Wait." I said. "Spex, I think Valé should go with us. She's way stronger now, and can heal bigger injuries without incapacitating herself."

"Yeah." Valé said. "Let me help! I can fight too."

Spex nodded without hesitation.

"Alright. Then you're with them." He said. "This is it heroes! This is our final stand! Our last chance to stop Coltech, and bring peace to everyone! The AI jets will fly the girls to different parts of the country. Head out as soon as possible! And come back alive!"

Devin's POV

Everything is going perfectly. Gigantomachia, Gozo, and Gravestone are ready to defend Coltech. Arron's ready too. All I have to do now, is send the bombs across the country.

Finally... Aziel is out of the way. This world is going to belong to me. I'm destroying everything now. And Braeden... I dare you to come and stop me!

Braeden's POV

I left everything I didn't need in my room, and I took one last look at it.

I know how this is going to end... either I'm going to kill Devin, or she's going to kill me. I still don't know if I can do that. I want to help her but... murdering so much of humanity? She may be too far gone...

"Hey." I heard Valé's voice, and I turned around. "You ready?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "I'm ready..."

"Are you okay?" She asked.