Lenny's Tryout

3rd Person POV

"And so it begins!" Bands said as he sat down next to Spex. "What do you think? Will anyone catch your eye?"

"Hmmm." Spex said as he watched everyone run out to the battlefield. "I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm assuming friends will stick with each other and try to work together."

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking." Bands said.

A boy then walked onto the battlefield, which caught Spex's attention. Out of everyone running, here this boy was. Just walking.

He smiled as he raised his hands into the air.

"All these kids in teams..." He said. "That's not gonna work for me!"

His hands then began to glow white.

"Who's he?" Spex asked.

"That's Matthew Shimon. He calls his ability Earth Power. But it looks like you're about to see what he can do." Said Bands.

"Rising Earthqake!" He yelled as he smacked the ground with his hands, and it immediately created powerful tremors and shockwaves.

"Waaah!"

"W-Woah!"

"What the-?!" Everyone exclaimed as the tremors were so powerful that they sent a majority of kids flying, splitting up each and every team.

"Impressive! He did all that simply by touching the ground!" Spex smiled.

"Not bad right?" Said Bands. "So much for those that tried to team up."

"This is better." Spex said. "Now we can really see what everyone can do!"

Braeden's POV

"What the hell is this?!" Dylan exclaimed as the ground began shaking fiercely.

"Woah!" I exclaimed, trying my hardest to keep my feet in place.

"Argh!" Declan grunted as he jammed his bone blades into the dirt battlefield, trying to hold himself down. "Is this someone's power?!"

I couldn't hold my feet down any longer as the shockwaves sent me flying through the air.

"G-Guys!" I exclaimed as I reached out to them, but that's when I saw that Dylan, and Lenny were sent flying away too. The only one that was able to stay put was Declan.

This is off to a really rough start. My powers aren't working, and I just got separated from all of my friends!

I hit the ground hard. Thanks to our increased durability, I was able to quickly get back up.
There was nobody around me, but I still kept my guard up.

"Come on! Come on!" I said with frustration, desperately trying to get my powers to activate.

"Hey! I remember you!" I heard a voice that I recognized.

I turned around. There stood none other than Kyro. He was smiling at me with his hands on his hips.

"Kyro...?" I said.

"It's uhhh Braeden right? You were there when Dylan and I played knockout." Kyro smiled. "So you ended up developing a Hyper Crystal?"

"Yeah that's me!" I said. "Listen, I need some help, my powers aren't working right now and-"

"Help?" Kyro said as he began laughing at me. "Now isn't exactly the time to ask for help!"

"I-I know but-" I started again.

"Sorry man, but I'm taking your flag. Gotta look good for Spex, and if I collect the most flags it'll prove I'm the strongest one here!" Kyro said as he began walking towards me, his hands glowing with purple sparkles.