Capri Dazzle: Origin

Capri's POV

"Capri he's right ya know." My mom spoke to me on the phone.

"Ugh. Of course you'd say that. You're a hero." I sighed, and rolled my eyes.

"Did you see how much heart Braeden fought with during the tournament?" My mom said. "Even though he lost, he used the fight to save his friend. That boy is a true hero, you should've listened to what he said."

"Whatever mom." I said.

"Is this... about your dad too?" My mom asked, and my eyes widened when she said that.

"Stop it." I told her.

"It's been a year... but you never wanted to talk to me about it." My mom said.

Flashback...

1 year ago

"Welcome home mom, dad." I smiled.

"Hey Capri." My dad smiled back as he and my mom walked through the front door.

"Today was exhausting..." My mom sighed. "We had to help out with moving the debris after the tornado ravaged the city. My power isn't cutout for labor."

I laughed at my parents.

"I bet dad was doing just fine wasn't he?" I said.

Both of my parents had powers, and they were both heroes. My mom was in the Upper 5, while my dad was a smaller street hero. His power wasn't anything special, it was super strength, but to me, he was incredible, the most amazing man I'd ever seen.

I wanted nothing more than to be like my parents. A hero that helps people, and stops supervillains. I'm only 15 though so I haven't developed my Hyper Crystal yet.

"Capri, what do you want to do for your birthday?" My dad asked. "We've got about... what 6 hours?"

I laughed.

"We don't have to do anything until tomorrow dad." I said.

"Nah." My dad shook his head. "My little girl is turning 16! Once that clock strikes 12, we're celebrating!"

5 hours, and 50 minutes had gone by. It was 11:50 pm, 10 minutes until my 16th birthday.

My room door flew open, and my dad burst in.

"W-Woah! Dad?!" I exclaimed.

"Your mom's phone vibrated with an alert that a supervillain is on a rampage in Fayetteville." He said.

"Okay, so did she go to stop him?" I asked, but he shook his head.

"She's asleep so it's up to me. You wanna tag along and watch your dad save as many lives as he can?" He said.

I smiled widely.

"Absolutely." I said as I got up and went with my dad.

We drove down to Charlottesville, and multiple explosions were going off deep in the city. The time was 11:58 pm.

"Woah! This guy must be strong! Are you sure about this dad?" I asked.

"Yup! I got this! Just watch! It'll be your first birthday gift from me-" We then heard a loud noise from the air, like something was falling down.

Something then crashed down in front of us, sending our car flying. It tumbled against the street, then came to a screeching halt.

Blood run down the side of my face. I was conscious. Extremely dizzy... but conscious.

"Capri! Capri are you alright?!" My dad's voice was extremely muffled as he try to speak to me.

I looked out the window of the car, and saw a massive man. At least 7'0 in height walking towards our car. He had a wicked smile on his face, with giant bulging muscular arms. I blinked hard, and fear set in as he walked towards us.