The Real First Day Of School

Braeden's POV

My alarm began going off, jumping me awake. It was 5:00 am. Class doesn't start for another 4 hours, but I wanted to wake up early so I could workout in the weight room and have time to eat before class began.

I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and threw on a tank top and shorts as I headed out, grabbing a bottle of water as I did so.

I began walking towards the gym. As I did, I thought back to last night.

"You guys were holding me back. It's nothing personal Braeden, I'm sorry. But I'm doing this to better myself."

Lee... why do you refuse to understand? We're growing stronger alongside each other. We don't hold each other back.

I then thought back to when I was fighting Kyro during tryouts. Lee was the one who stopped me... he had to stop focusing on his tryout to come see if I was okay. Maybe he's right. We could be holding him back from his reaching his potential.

"Ah! Ah!" I heard a familiar feminine voice from the training room, and heard the sound of a fist striking a punching bag.

I slowly peaked my head through the door. There was Valé. She was wearing a sports bra and compression shorts. Her body glistened with sweat as she continued throwing punches. Her knuckles were bruised however, and it looked like she was getting weaker with each punch she threw.

She then stopped and bent over with her hands on her knees. Panting heavily.

Finally, I walked in.

"Guess you weren't kidding about wanting to be a hero." I said, which made Valé jump a little.

"You scared me." She said, her cheeks turning pink.

"My bad." I sweat dropped as I handed her my water bottle.

"Thank you- agh!" She said as she tried to open the cap, but her knuckles were so sore that she couldn't.

I opened it for her then handed her the bottle as she began drinking from it.

"Why don't you just heal yourself?" I asked.

"I can't heal myself. It doesn't work that way." She said.

So that's another drawback of her power. Honestly, her power doesn't seem very reliable. It's strong, but there's so many rules to it.

"You know, you're supposed to wrap your hands before using a punching bag." I said.

"What?! Really?!" Valé whined.

I laughed.

"Here." I said as I put my hands up. "Strike here."

Valé understood as she put my water bottle down, and got ready to throw punches again.

She lunged her arm at my hands, and struck my palm.

"Ow..." She said.

"Don't stop." I told her. "In real life, a villain won't care if you're hurt."

"Y-Yeah..." She regained her composure, and nodded her head. Then she threw another punch at my hand.

She kept going. Throwing 3 more punches with each hand. I felt something slightly wet touch my palms, then I realized that her knuckles had started bleeding.