Lenny Carter: Origin

Lenny's POV

I stood there in shock. Devin... why is she here? Why now? The hell is going on?

Wait, where's her Hyper Crystal?

"D-Devin...?" I said.

"Hi." She laughed as she tried to walk into my room, but I stopped her.

"Why... are you here?" I asked.

"Oh I guess I probably should explain that." She said. "I got released from the therapy school. I wanted to come visit."

This... doesn't seem right. After everything Spex told us about her wanting take Braeden and Valé's powers, and now she shows up here? I don't see a Hyper Level but... I just have a bad feeling.

Besides, Devin and I were never super close. We were friends sure, but she was closer with Braeden and Lee. Why is she visiting me first? Even after I got my powers, she didn't seem to care.

Flashback...

Several months ago...

"DAMN YOU...! YOU TRAITORS!" I yelled in sync with my tv as I watched Eren Yeager transform into the Attack Titan.

My friends were all with me, but they watched in confusion.

"I don't understand why you watch this stuff." Braeden said. "It doesn't make any sense to me."

"He's a weeb." Declan shrugged. "Nothing they do makes sense."

"It's a good show!" I yelled at them. "You guys just don't get it."

"I guess not." Devin sighed.

"I'm starting to regret agreeing to watch anime with you until your birthday." Lee sweat dropped.

"There's only 20 minutes left." Dylan said. "Just stay strong."

"Yeah Lee." I eye rolled. "Shut up and watch."

I scrolled through Crunchyroll, and clicked on My Hero Academia. The episode began playing and we all watched. It was around 11:50 pm, 10 minutes until my birthday.

"X Catapult!" My favorite character, Katsuki Bakugo yelled out as he unleashed a flurry of explosions from his hands.

"Who's that guy? He's sick." Braeden asked.

"That's Katsuki Bakugo. Easily my favorite character." I told Braeden with pride. "Imagine being able to shoot explosions from your hands."

"Wouldn't that hurt?" Devin asked.

"It's anime Dev." Dylan said to her. "Try not to take it so seriously."

We then heard a knock at my door, and both my parents walked in. They were holding a big birthday cake.

"You ready Lenny?" My dad smiled.

"Time to blow out the candles." My dad said.

"Huh?! It's already 12:00-" I started... when I began feeling an incredible sharp pain. "AAAGGHHH!"

"Lenny?!"

"What's wrong?!"

"Are you alright?!" My friends and parents all exclaimed as I fell to my knees.

The pain grew fiercer and fiercer, it felt like something was trying to burst out of my forearm. The worried cries of my family grew faint, until finally, the pain stopped. On my blood stained arm remained a crystal.

"Is that...?!" Lee started.

"It is! It's a Hyper Crystal!" Dylan exclaimed.

"Lenny?" My mom said as she ran to my side. "Are you alright?!"