The Remaining 12

3rd Person POV

"Everything alright Spex? Don't forget, the apprentice program begins today." Spex's fellow hero, a girl named Kaiana spoke. "You seem distracted."

"Sorry... I just can't seem to figure this out. It's bothering me." Spex replied.

The current location was Spex's facility building. Kaiana was Spex's right hand woman. She fought alongside him, and helped him with hero work.

"What's bothering you?" She asked.

"Do you remember that night when Richmond was attacked by all of those villains?" Spex said.

"I do." Kaiana replied.

"I can't stop thinking about it. There's been no villains ever since that night. That had to have been a planned attack." Spex said. "Someone is behind it. I have to figure out who... or I won't be able to keep the city safe."

"Spex, there's a lot coming up. Why don't you let me take over the apprentice program today?" Kaiana suggested.

"But-" Spex said.

"You also have to start getting preparations ready for The National Hyper Power Tournament." Kaiana said. "Let me take care of training the kids today."

Spex sighed but smiled.

"Thanks Kaiana. I really appreciate it. Here's what I have planned for today." Spex said.

Arron's POV

"Alright, try turning the temperature up to 2,000 degrees. I'll raise the Ultra Violet lights to the maximum." Sheena said to the scientists in the room working with her.

"Yes ma'am." Another scientists spoke.

They held a plain crystal on a table, that they packed full of unstable elements, and were preparing to scorch it with heat, as well as blasting it with light at the same time. Their goal? Replicate Spex's powers.

Sheena, Aziel, myself. and multiple other scientists watched behind a safety window.

"Light it." Aziel said.

Sheena nodded as her and the other scientists activated switches on the control panel.

The room became engulfed in flames, and beamed with a powerful light, both seared into the plain crystal on the table.

"Agh!" Sheena grunted as she shielded her eyes from the bright explosion.

"Will this work?" I asked.

"Only one way to find out." Sheena said. "Although I doubt it will since we don't have Spex's DNA."

Finally, the explosions stopped. The crystal shined with a bright white, and rattled back and forth on the table.

"It's glowing... and shaking." I said.

"Bring someone from the therapy school. It's time to test it." Aziel said.

"Sir, with all due respect, we still don't know if this worked. Right now, that crystal is a hurricane force of unstable elements, fire, and light." A male scientist said.

"Look at the crystal. It's glowing." Aziel said. "We have to see if it worked."

"Aziel this is different. Before, you wanted us to create powers from scratch. Now you want us to replicate already existing powers so we have a basis to go off of, but it's still just as dangerous as before. We can't keep killing children." The man spoke again.