Powersurge

Dylan's POV

Lenny had teleported us to Braeden's location. There was a house, with the front window destroyed, and there were 2 police cars with flashing blue lights, and an ambulance. Two men who looked to be in their 50s were being arrested and taken away, then we saw Devin on hospital stroller being taken into an ambulance.

"Devin!" Lee said her name.

"What the hell happened?!" Declan said.

Then I noticed Braeden sitting on the steps, staring at the ground.

"Braeden!" I said as we ran to him.

His shirt was off, and his chest was soaked in his blood, but what shocked me the most, was the glowing Hyper Crystal on the center of his chest.

"Is that a Hyper Crystal?!" Lee exclaimed.

"Braeden! Are you hurt? Valé help him!" I said to her.

"I'm fine..." Braeden said as he looked up at us, and I noticed the tears running down his face.

"Braeden..." Lee started. "What happened?"

Braeden told us everything that happened. Jordan his brother forcing themselves onto Devin, Braeden trying to stop them but getting shot, his Hyper Crystal developing, and finally, when he took out Jordan.

He covered his face in his hands.

"If I had just... gotten there sooner." He said.

"It's not your fault man." Lenny tried to say.

"You did everything you could-" Valé started.

"And it wasn't enough!" Braeden yelled in anger, then he stood up, and began clawing at the Hyper Crystal on his chest, as if he was trying to remove it. "I don't... deserve this!"

"Braeden stop!" Lee said. "Just... stop."

Tears streamed down Braeden's face again, and we all hugged him.

"It's okay man... everything's okay." I said. "We're here for you."

3rd Person POV

"Aziel sir!" Sheena said as she ran into Aziel's office. "A-A sudden surge of supervillains began attacking Richmond City!"

"I know." Aziel said, watching the news.

"Multiple supervillains are attacking in Richmond City! Heroes are on the scene, even the strongest hero Spex is fighting to stop the villains. This is the first time the world has ever seen something like this, but it all seems too coincidental to be random! This is a planned attack!" The news reporter said.

"That bastard Gravestone..." Aziel said with frustration.

"Gravestone?" Sheena said.

"I was visited by a man today who knew what we were doing, and told us to stop or else. This is is his doing, he's sending a message about what would happen if superpowers were everywhere." Aziel said.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?!" Sheena said.

But Aziel didn't respond as the camera showed Spex taking out another supervillain.

"He's wrong..." Aziel said. "We'll show Gravestone. And once we've created an army of Hyper Powered people, we're coming for him first...!"

"I understand." Sheena nodded. "I'll have more kids from the therapy school sent to the lab for more human trials."

Just then, Aziel's phone began to ring. It was an unknown number, but he answered it anyway.

"Who is this?" He asked.