Fighting Fate

Lee's POV

We finally closed in on Coltech. Smoke rose from the building, and the entrance was ripped open.

"Are we... too late?" Callie said.

"Nah. No way." Said Lenny. "We're can still stop Gravestone. We've just gotta find where he is."

"Woah..." I said as I walked forward.

12 dead bodies laid on the ground at the entrance, and blood stained the walls.

"We were too late..." Tirza said.

"But what about Spex?" Declan said. "Did he get Valé out?"

We then heard heavy footsteps from within Coltech, and they began coming closer and closer to us.

"Something's coming..." Said Declan as his bone blades shot out of his arms.

"GRAAAHHH!" We heard a loud roar as the footsteps turned into heavy sprinting.

A massive golem made out nothing but stone came charging out of the entrance.

"Everyone move!" Dylan yelled as he jumped in front of us, forcing his arms out

The golem smashed right into him, and began pushing Dylan back like a bulldozer.

"Dylan!" I exclaimed.

"I-I got this...!" Dylan yelled back with struggle in his voice, digging up the ground with his feet as he kept getting pushed back, but he refused to falter. "Go! Find Spex! I can take this guy down!"

"But-" Tirza started.

"It's Dylan! He's got this! No one's tougher than him!" Lenny said as he grabbed Tirza's hand and ran with her inside the building.

We ran past the pile of corpses, and tried navigating our way through the halls.

My heart raced. I had so many questions that I needed to find the answers to. Is Valé okay? Is Spex okay? Where's Gravestone? Who is the big stone golem guy? Will Dylan be alright? Should we have left him all alone?

Valé then ran by a hallway across from us.

"Valé!" Tirza called out her name.

Valé noticed us, and immediately ran to us. There were tears in her eyes as she reached Tirza, and Tirza immediately embraced her.

"Are you okay?! Are you hurt?!" Tirza asked.

"I'm okay but..." Valé said.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I-It's Spex." She said as she wiped her tears. "He's fighting all by himself against Gravestone. I wanted to help him but I..."

"It's okay." I told her. "We'll all go and help him. We'll stop Gravestone together."