Battling Arrogance

Braeden's POV

"I-Incredible! Lee takes down Shims in one shot!" LeYuani exclaimed.

We were all frozen in shock as the crowd went wild for Lee's victory.

"With one attack..." I said as a nervous drop of sweat rolled down the side of my voice. "Just like that..."

"I-I can't believe how strong he's gotten..." Said Valé.

Lee then began walking off of the arena while the medic team took Shims away.

Can I... really take him down?

"Focus on your fight." Valé spoke to me, it was like she could tell what I was thinking. "Worry about him next round."

I nodded my head as I stood up.

"Thanks Valé." I smiled.

"Good luck man." Lenny said. "Don't lose!"

"You got it." Tirza smiled.

"Do your best." Said Callie.

"Right." I nodded as ran off towards the entrance hall to the arena.

When I got there, I saw Dylan on his way back from his match.

"Dylan!" I called his name, and he turned his attention towards me.

"Braeden! Are you about to go fight?" He asked.

"Yeah. You were awesome. Was that a new power up?" I asked.

"Yeah." Dylan smiled as he looked down at his fist. "A way to help me compete against opponents that outrange me."

"That's perfect." I said. "It'll help get your combo going too."

"Yep." Dylan nodded. "Good luck. I'll be watching with Lenny and the girls!"

"Thanks!" I smiled back.

Alright... let's do this!

Lenny's POV

"How do guys think Braeden will do? That Kyojiro guy seemed strong." Said Tirza.

"Yeah but Braeden is stronger." I smiled as I crossed my arms. "He's got this."

"Agreed." I heard Dylan's voice behind me.

"Dylan!" I exclaimed as I gave him a high five. "That was a great fight dude!"

"Thanks." Dylan smiled back as he sat down next to Tirza.

"I can't believe how fast you moved. I didn't know you could do that." Tirza said. "Good job!"

"You did really good Dylan." Valé smiled at him as she rubbed his shoulder.

"Thanks guys, really." He smiled.

"The next match is: Braeden Wilson, against Kyojiro James!" I heard LeYuani say.

"Alright Braeden! Win!" Dylan cheered as the stadium cheered with us.

"You got it!" I cheered with him.

Braeden's POV

I walked into the arena, Kyojiro greeted me from the other side. He had an obnoxious look on his face. I had nothing to say to him, I just wanted to beat him. His shoulders still had those blue flames rising off of them, and I wondered if he could attack that way.

"Begin!" LeYuani stated as the crowd began to cheer.

"Let's see just how strong you are!" Kyojiro said as he sent a stream of blue flames right at me.