10 | is this real?

i told him . nearly everything . i let out the part where my parents were being awful at raising me and loving me . i told him the rape happened „by accident" and he seemed to buy it . good . i know that i can trust gavi , but i just don't feel ready to tell him the whole story yet . i also let out the part where i have silent panic attacks or my still very present nightmares .

we had a very very deep talk and i am suprised that he understands me so well . relied rushed over my shoulders as he knew exactly how to comfort me . made my heart jump fr .

„what does the J under it mean?"

he asked , referring to my medusa tattoo . i smiled .

„you know , i was really really miserable after that and there was this one guy , jude and he helped me out of it . he was there for me the whole time and didn't leave my side once . without him i wouldn't have done it"

he was taken back by my last sentence but knew exactly what i meant .

„i am so thankful that he was there"

he mumbled , more to himself than to me .

GAVIIII"

that was pedri downstairs .

„ARE YOU COMING DOWN OR ARE YOU STAYING?"

he looked at me and i shrugged my shoulders .

„i don't mind you staying"

that made him smile . god i love it when he smiles .

„I AM STAYING HERE PEDRI"

„YOU BOTH WANT PIZZA?"

we looked at each other and stormed off as our lives depended on it . pizza before anything .

„well that didn't take long"

we three laughed and sat down on the couch with the whole barça team .
i was seated between gavi and alejandro who where both playing fifa instead of eating . i don't know if it means anything , but i noticed that gavi isn't eating much when it comes to occasions like this . last week he hasn't eaten anything when we all met up excusing himself that he has „eaten before" . never bought it tbh .

„you hungry?"

i asked gavi after he finished his fifa game .

„hm? what? oh , no thanks"

he was zoomed out . something's off with him i swear . i gave him a look and he looked stressed . alejandro had already left with ferran and frenkie so there was a gap between the boys and gavi and me .

they were playing fifa and i was watching them , laughing most of the time because all of them are so funny while literally doing nothing . i noticed gavi looking around the room and bouncing his leg up and down .
i softly placed my hand over his thigh and he snapped out of whatever type of trance he was in .

„you okay?"

i whispered so only he could hear me .

he just nodded clearly not being okay .

„me and gavi will grab some more drinks , cmon gavi"

i took his hand and led him to the kitchen , closing the door behind us .

„gavi what's wrong? talk to me"

he just fidgeted his hands , avoiding eye contact which made me grab his hands in mine and forcing him to look at me .

„gavi?"

„it's too much . all of this pressure on me , it's too much . so many people expect me to be the next messi or something and they hate on me when i get a yellow card or even all the fans on the streets , flashing their cameras or asking me for pics , it's too much amara . i get so nervous around people like this . you know about the new barça docu? yeah , there were some scenes that showed me shirtless and people were commenting things like ; i expected better or isn't he too fat to play for this beautiful club and country . i don't know what to do"

he was now crying and i felt so sorry for him . i didn't know that there were fans like this .

„gavi you are a talented footballer , you shouldn't worry about all of those fans really . you're better than all of them combined and they are probably just jealous i promise ."

i reassured him while rubbing my thumbs over his hands . he released our hands and went for a hug .

„thank you amara , for everything"

he mumbled in my hair .

always"

i repeated his words from earlier and i felt him smile in my neck which made shivers run down my spine . i let go and wiped his tears away .

„enough crying for today , let's go to bed!"

„yesss"

we actually didn't get any drinks and just disappeared upstairs . i quickly went to the bathroom and changed into a top and a shorts , while he was taking his shirt off , already being in sweatpants . (color is grey btw😫)

sleepovers became both of our therapies , we enjoyed it and had either deep talks or just tease each other the whole evening and making dumb jokes .

i slowly started to drift off to sleep when i put the covers over my body .

GAVIS POV :

i watched her sleep , again . i always do this . she literally goes to bed and drops dead . it's scary tbh , but that's amara i guess . slowly and softly i leaned forward to kiss her forehead .

„thank you for everything hermosa , i love you"

and that's when i realized it . i loved her . i loved the girl that can make me laugh even when i feel like crying , the girl that knows exactly when something's off with me , that girl that always brings a spare water bottle because i drink too much water , the girl that gives me the best hugs of all time . i . loved . her .

i don't really know if she feels anything for me , but i do . during this past month , i realized that she was the only one to trust except pedro , but he's my brother .

„i love you"

i mumbled again , just because it felt so right and so good to say .

after a while of admiring her beauty and being lost in my thoughts , i felt her move closer to me and immediately opened my arms for her to crawl into them . i wrapped my arms tightly around her waist and hid my face in her hair . i could stay like this forever i swear .

AMARAS POV :

i was half asleep when i heard gavi mumbling and kissing my forehead .

these forehead kisses will be the death of me i swear .

„thank you for everything hermosa , i love you"

what .

oh

my

god

i don't think i was supposed to hear it , so i tried to hide my blush obviously failing , but the darkness was on my side .
i was still taking it all in when i heard him say it again .

„i love you"

am i dreaming already? is this real?

i love you too gavi .

just to reassure myself that i'm not asleep , i snuggled closer to gavi and he took me in his strong arms . safeplace fr .
i fell asleep with three words on my mind ;

i

love

you

end of chapter 10 🫶🏼

a/n : gavi admitting his love and amara hearing it!?!?!!??

how do we feel about this?

love you all

aleyna