23 | „it's deeper"

JUDES POV

amara has been gone for a long time now , but i thought she needed time or something . after s while i saw a man coming out of the women bathroom . wtf . getting curious , i walked towards the room and opened the door . what i saw in there , broke my heart . there was amara , shaking , her arms hugging her legs , only in underwear and crying . i immediately knew what had happened . just like when we were younger .

i remembered how traumatized the poor 16 year old girl was . and now someone's done it again .

slowly walking up to her , i made sure not to touch her and pulled my hoodie off where i had a tshirt under .

„ams?"

she looked up and saw me .

„jude ... he ... he-"

„i saw him walking out , ams i'm so sorry that i wasn't here"

i released her arms from her legs , making sure to be careful and not touching her too much . while doing it , i noticed a huge cut over her medusa tattoo . it didn't look too bad tho . when i looked closer , i saw that under her tattoo was a „j" framed in a heart . jamal? or me? i don't wanna sound like an ass or something , but i feel like it's dedicated to me because i've been there for her the most during that time .

i put her dress over her and after that my hoodie followed . she just let me .

finishing my work i took her hands in mine and helped her stand up .

„should i get gavi?"

i asked softly and she thought for a second . then she slowly shook her head .

i understood why she doesn't want to see her boyfriend . i wasn't her boyfriend back then , but something between us changed after this old man raped her back then .

not letting go of her hand i waved jamal over to us . he immediately came and i don't know how he does it , but he looked like he didn't drink at all .

„what happened? ams?"

she now switched to german , explaining jamal the problem . i understood why she didn't speak english , german was just easier for her .

„oh mein gott"

jamal opened his arms and amara basically fell into his , not letting go of my hand .

„is your mom still here , jude?"

„yeah i'll bring you to her if that's what you want?"

„yes . but tomorrow . now i am going back to gavi"

her words sounded ... so numb . like she isn't feeling anything . like the vampires in the vampire diaries when they shut their humanity off . like the sky if it would have lost it's stars .

„we'll walk you"

amara nodded and we quickly walked out of the club .

GAVIS POV

when i left the club , i got an odd feeling after which i cannot describe .

i think it was like 2 am and i was still awake , watching tiktok , when someone knocked at my door . hoping it'd be amara , i opened the door . there was amara . with jamal and jude and her holding onto judes hand . uhm?

„gavi i need to talk to you"

that was jude . has she cheated on me? are they dating now?

„komm amara , wir suchen dir was zum anziehen"
-> come amara , we'll find you something to wear

that was jamal and he and amara walked in , heading to the closet .

„are you gonna tell me that you both have been going behind my back now?"

i scoffed .

„no gavi . it's deeper . and it doesn't really involve me . we were at that club , amara went to the bathroom and there was this man ... well , he ..."

i saw a tear escaping his eye and i think i got it .

„he raped her , pablo"

he looked at me , his voice only a slight whisper .

„i don't know if she told you about her past , but this has happened before . she needs you now . more than ever . if you ever need advice how to comfort her in those situations or in general how to help her , i'm one call away"

he looked sad saying that . i just nodded , needing to take it all in . someone raped her . my girl . my world . my hermosa .

jude patted me on the shoulder and walked past me , towards amara , who was in a hoodie and sweatpants .

„i'll get you at 9 tomorrow okay? i love you amy"

he kissed her hair and left . jamal was already gone . now there was me and her . only us . no one else . how do i comfort her? i should've asked jude directly .

„gavi?"

her quiet voice spoke up .

„hm?"

„do you ant to break up with me now?"

„what? no , why would i do that? hermosa , you mean the world to me! i could never break up with you!"

she looked so relieved and i just couldn't hold it anymore . i went over to amara , climbed in my/our bed next to her and took her in my arms .

„you're okay now hermosa , i'm here"

she just held me closer , clearly crying . while stroking her hair , we both fell asleep .

end of chapter 23 🫶🏼

a/n : short one , sorry , but the end fitted perfectly . thank you so much for all the support recently , but please do make sure to not hate on amara so much . if you don't like her that's fine , but as she is my made up character , hate towards her kinda gets me . idk how to explain it , but please stay
respectful!! 🤍

anddd i am going to england exchange on monday , so i probably won't update so much! i'm sorry :(

i love every single one of you

aleyna