24 | „one last kiss?"

GAVIS POV

these last days have been different . in a way i don't want them to be . amara hasn't been very well , i think she really is traumatized at a certain level where i cannot help her . it's not like our relationship is bad now , but the thing clearly left it's marks on both of us . amara doesn't talk so much as she used to , she always excuses for the most random and not even important things and she's just so ... distant lately . i understand that she needs time , but it still hurts even tho i don't blame her . i never would .

i finished training , our game against morocco is going to be in exactly one week which i'm quite excited for . obviously nervous too .

walking through the door which leads to my room ( kinda amaras room too ) i spotted her sitting at the edge of my bed , staring into the air . she looks ... numb? yes , that's how i'd describe it . when she saw me , amara stood up quickly and walked over to me .

AMARAS POV

( y'all are gonna hate me rn 😭 )

i approached gavi and took a long breath that's supposed to help . it didn't . what i am about to do , is either the best or the worst decision for my future .

„pablo i need to talk to you . it's important"

he looked at me , worried .

„go on then , hermosa"

„so , i think you've noticed that i have been becoming more distant , quieter and especially sadder these last days . and first , it's really not your fault . you have bern doing an amazing job at comforting / helping me . gavi , i feel like i need time to focus on myself and on getting better . you really are a perfect guy and i think i'll always love you , but i will break up with you . not a „break" i don't want any unclear things  between us , so this is a resl breakup and you can do everything after , even kiss other girls . maybe we are destined to be and we'll find each other again , but i can't do this right now gavi . you definitely aren't the problem , you've been the best and you still are , but i just .... i can't"

tears left my eyes and even tho i now knew it was the right decision , it still hurts because i really do love him . i just need time to heal and the last thing i want is to hurt him during our relationship . looking up to gavi i saw that his eyes are watering as well .

hermosa"

that word pained .

„please don't do this to me . to us . i'm begging you"

my heart shattered .

„pablo , i can't have a relationship when i am not happy with myself! i can't give you what you want"

you are everything i want hermosa"

„i'm sorry"

i know my excuses don't excuse me from breaking his heart , but what's the point of having a relationship where you can't feel comfortable anymore because you have a trauma?

„one last kiss?"

i nodded and he stepped closer , wiping my tears and cupping my face after .

then he kissed me . for the last time . i released after a while because kissing still triggers me . i gave him one last hug and smelled his scent , taking it all in before letting go and leaving .

i made my way to these couches again where i've already been so often because normally no one ever comes here except me . i really do wish that joão isn't coming , i cannot stand him right now .

GAVIS POV | before the morocco game

i haven't been myself recently . since amara left me , i can't focus anymore . i know why she did it , i also understand why and that i am not the problem in this . the guy that did that to her is . i haven't seen her for the last week . i know that some of my teammates have seen her tho . i don't think amara left me just to get with another boy , so i am not suspecting anything romantically involved things . she's been spending more time with sira lately , as i heard from ferran .

„we got this bro"

pedri walked up to me in the tunnel because we were about to walk in to warm up . i don't know if it was so smart to line me up because as i said , i haven't been myself recently , but here i am . in the round of sixteen at a world cup . woah .

while warming up , i looked for amara in the crowd and i found her . she was wearing a spain jersey with her name and the number „09" on it . i think pedri has got this for her ages ago because she cooked for him and me . amara insisted on getting the number „09" with the zero before the nine because she is the definition of a bvb fan . the club was founded in 1909 so that's why . i didn't realize that i was zoomed out until someone hit me on the head . alejandro .

focus"

he mumbled and continued to run around the pitch . he's right , i need to focus . this is an important game .

just before we were about to line up , i saw pedri waving at amara and his family who were sitting next to her and she gave him a thumbs up and a smile . i can see from here that it isn't real and i think pedri did too because he sighed after they broke their eye contact . i never saw the connection and bond they had with each other .

the game started .

end of chapter 24 🫶🏼

a/n : here i am again guys , i am sorry for not updating , but i told you all . i'm still tired from the late night i had yesterday , but i somehow managed to write an acceptable chapter .

sooo they broke up ....

can you understand amaras decision?

more pedri or more joão?

i love you all so much and thank you for y'alls patience with my book 🫂🫂 .

aleyna