20 | „we should let her sleep"

to say that i wasn't in a shitty situation would be a big lie . here i was , in the corridor with all closed and locked doors because they lock themselves when you close the door . perfect . i didn't have my phone with me either and i don't want to wake gavi up . i was pacing around when i suddenly heard a loud bang from outside . just a few moments after the whole corridor lit up because apparently , there is a thunderstorm outside . just great . and i thought this couldn't get any worse . i fucking hate thunderstorms and i don't think that there is something which i am more afraid of than those lightnings . suddenly , a door opened and no one else than pedri looked out .

i kind of got a déjà vu after i saw him because it was the same place where i found him not too long ago .

„amy? are you alright?"

he came closer , his eyes full of worry .

„what? no- i mean yes , yes i'm fine"

he gave me a look , signaling that he wasn't believing anything i said .

„why aren't you asleep?"

i told him the story and he thought for a second .

„you can sleep at mine , i'll take the couch"

„thank you pedri , you don't have to take the-"

„yes i do , come on"

when i was heading towards his bed , another sound from the outside caused me to flinch . fucking weather .

„are you afraid of thunder?"

„what me? noo never why would you think that??"

i didn't like people to know about my fear of thunders because i am kind of embarrassed about it . it's more like a children thing you know? not when you nearly are an adult . but i cannot stop my fear .

„oh don't fuck with me right now , i saw the way you flinched"

„fine , maybe i am a little bit scared . but don't tell a single soul"

„why?"

„just don't"

he nodded silently , lost in his thoughts and i lay down in his actual comfortable bed .

„amara?"

„yes?"

„where do you see yourself in 10 years?"

it was clear that he was trying to distract me from the ongoing thunder and i was so thankful for that right now .

„well , i hope that me and gavi are still together and that we stay friends with you . also that i won't lose my friendship with jude and jamal because they mean the world to me . oh and maybe gavi will propose or we are going to have kids . i want a boy though"

i kept ranting and we got into a conversation about the future . after a while we got too tired and decided to go to sleep .

„good night amy"

„good night pedri"

-

GAVIS POV

when i woke up the next morning amara was nowhere to be found . i thought that she may have already gotten breakfast and decided to go and wake up pedro as he is one of the only persons who doesn't make me angry . when i knocked at his door , it took a while until he opened .

„pedro? what the fuck happened to your face?"

„long story , short version ; i was getting water last night and fell so a piece of glass cut me and i think it was pretty loud because amara heard me . she took me here and doctored me . well , she couldn't go back to your room after that because you know , the doors are locked and she didn't want to wake you up . so she slept at mine . come in"

i just nodded , wanting to check if amara is okay .

there she was . lying on my bed softly snoring , the blanket covering her whole body except her face . i smiled at the sight .

„we should let her sleep"

that was pedri , already pulling me out his room to get breakfast .

PEDRIS POV

i don't know if what i did was wrong or unappreciated , but in the moment it felt like it was the only right thing to do .

FLASHBACK TO LAST NIGHT

i was nearly asleep , when i heard quiet cries coming from the bed .

is amara crying?

i don't think i've ever been quicker than right now as i was directly next to her and looked at her tear stained face . how can someone be this pretty after crying in their sleep?

wasting no time and no thoughts , i crawled into the bed next to her as she was still shaking . i was convinced that she was still in her sleep and not aware of what she was doing because she must've felt the presence next to her and snuggled closer to me . that caused me to wrap an arm around her to keep her warm . she immediately gave in and lay her head in the crook of my neck . i felt that there where still tears streaming down , so i softly stroked her hair and mumbled comforting things to her .

i woke up when someone banged at my door and saw that amara was still asleep . she won't remember last night when we slept next to each other . so i thought .

FLASHBACK END

AMARAS POV

when i woke up , i was alone . pedri wasn't in his room anymore . i quickly fixed my hair a bit to look at least half presentable and walked down to get breakfast . when i walked there , i thought about the dream i had last night . at first it was a nightmare about something i cannot really remember , but then pedri appeared in my dream and we were cuddling . it was weird , but also so ..... comforting?

i don't know . but what i do know is that i cannot keep running away from this one thing . i don't want to do it and i really have no interest in finding out whatever they want to tell me . i also didn't tell anyone about it .

i called the number .

„hallo , was kann ich für sie tun?"
-> hello , what can i do for you?"

„ich möchte gerne auf den termin beim gericht zurückgreifen . wie wäre es mit in 1 monat? es geht um adriana fernandéz und nikol dimitrov ."
-> i want to fall back on my meeting at the court . is in one month good with you? it's about adriana fernandéz and nikol dimitrov .

„ja , heute in einem monat passt uns . wir schicken ihnen die details per email . bis dann"
-> yes , today in one month is good . we'll send you the details by email . see you .

„perfekt , dankeschön"
-> perfect , thank you

i ended the call and arrived at the breakfast room , now looking for gavi .

hermosa"

„gavi"

i turned around and he embraced me into one of his perfect hugs which i needed right now .

end of chapter 20 🫶🏼

a/n : just if anyone is confused adriana fernandéz and nikol dimitrov are amaras parents . her mom is argentinian and her dad serbian .

thoughts?

and again , there is this one person who copies my video idea & my sound multiple times . if you see this , please atleast give me credits or something . i came up with these ideas and if you're getting the fame for it claiming it as your idea , it's kinda unfair to me . thank you 🤍

i love you all

aleyna