25 | „was that all real?"

PEDRIS POV

we lost due penalties . it hurts . i mean loosing is one thing , but in penalties it's just painful because it was one mistake . when all the morocco players ran around the pitch , i realized that it was all over now and plopped on the floor . i was on the verge of tears when i saw my brother and amara approaching me . they both lowered down to my level and hugged me . i did the same , but i was still shocked and sad and just overwhelmed . after a while of hugging my brother was gone and amara helped me to stand up .

i saw her eyes looking around for someone . i know who she's hoping to see . my best friend . i think she spotted him because her expression turned from sad to sadder .

„you should go over to him"

i tried to encourage her snd she sighed , shaking her head .

„i don't want to cause any more pain , pedri . now that we're out of the world cup , i need to fly back with you and i won't lie to you , i am going to speak with xavi about the possibility of me staying here"

„you won't come back with all of us?"

„if xavi agrees , then no"

i was obviously sad about that because she really grew on me , but i wouldn't want to go back either if i didn't have to .

„our plane is already leaving tomorrow , will i see you before?"

„i'll make sure you do"

she sent me a comforting smile and left . but not without stealing a glance of the number 9 from the spanish team .

now that she was gone , i went over to gavi to be there for him . i know how badly his life is going at the moment .

„pablo? you good?"

„nope , especially not with you having something going on with my ex!"

wtf no .

„gavi what the heck , you know i wouldn't do that! you also know what she told you , should i repeat it? she doesn't want a relationship right now!"

„why were you hugging then?"

i know that he isn't angry with me , he is only angry at the situation and jealous that he didn't get a hug from his former girlfriend .

„because she is my friend gavi . believe it or not"

i probably shouldn't tell him about the chance that amara is going to stay in qatar without us , it would only make things worse .

i heard gavi sighing and he stood up , walking into the tunnel .

AMARAS POV

„are you sure about staying in qatar mi hija?"

„yes i am very sure"

„i want you to fly back with jude . no other person , okay? he is probably one of the only one's i can tolerate and that i can trust around you"

xavi knows about mine and pablos breakup , but he doesn't know why or that i have been ... touched .

„will do"

„okay then , it's settled . we probably won't see each other before i leave , so come here"

he walked up to me and we hugged .

„see you soon and keep me updated!"

„see you xavi"

i waved him goodbye and put my phone out to text pedri .

texts between „fav brunette" and „pedro 💘"

fav brunette
i am not leaving with you all tomorrow soo are you free now cuz i only have time until 6!!

pedro 💘
yeah i'm free , come over

*fav brunette hearted the message*

end of conversation .

i knocked at pedris door , it was already 5 and i am going to meet up with sira at 6 , to grab dinner with her before she leaves with all the other people from the spain team .

hey"

„hi , wanna come in?"

i nodded and walked inside . i remember the night i slept here and pedri asking me about my future to keep me distracted from the very scary thunderstorm .

„what's wrong?"

pedri wanted to know , after seeing my saddened face .

„i just remember the night were i stayed here that's all"

„what exactly do you remember?"

he asked with a worried expression . he's keeping something from me about this .

„wait what are you trying to hide?"

„nothing"

„i'm not blind pedro"

he patted on the couch , signaling me to sit down next to him .

„you were having a nightmare and i couldn't stand seeing you upset and hearing your cries so i needed to do something . i went over to your bed and well ... crawled-"

i cut him off

„wait that wasn't a dream? i do remember that , but i thought it was a „good end" from my nightmare ... i remember you mumbling comforting things in my ear and calming me down . was that all real?"

„yeah"

„oh"

i stayed quiet for a while . i don't think he had any romantically involved thoughts or intentions while doing that , he wouldn't do that to his own best friend . still , i am very thankful for him because after all , he practically „ended" my nightmare .

„thank you pedri"

he smiled at me and we started to talk about barcelona . not the club , the city . we decided that both of us definitely need to go to a special place and watch the sunset because pedri was flabbergasted when he found out i have never been to this „special place" to watch the sunset in barcelona .

„i need to get going now , i'll see you soon pedri"

he hugged me and wished me goodbye , before i left his room to go to siras . it was weird spending time with him without gavis presence . he was a whole different person when his best friend isn't around ; he is way more funny and makes more jokes because normally gavi is the talking one and pedri the listener . he also has more of a ... own personality? which i quite liked . pedri is fun to be around and he knows when something's off , but also doesn't hesitate to tell the truth and be honest . with me .

his company kept me distracted and i didn't think about gavi once , even though pedro is his best friend .

end of chapter 25 🫶🏼

a/n : i have nothing to say except that i am following some people back on tiktok , so just write your name in the comments and i'll follow you 💘 and ofc heja bvb 🤭

i love you all

aleyna