42 | „stay" pt. 2

GAVIS POV

she was afraid of my touch . i knew that because i came too close to her and she wanted to get away from me . how do i fix this?

lost in my thoughts , i walked outside and sat down next to the pool , putting my feet in the cold water . then , two people appeared outside and i immediately knew who it was . the guy i hate and the girl i love .

i don't know what they are talking about , but it seemed like amara told him what we were saying .

joão said something to her and she laughed at him . the way she looks at him . like he was her rock .

when joão decided to speak again , she didn't seem so happy anymore . while amara answered to his which i suppose was a question , her eyes watered and i noticed her hands shaking .

then the portugese boy opened his arms and thankfully , amara accepted his hug and clinged onto him , with him stroking her beautiful hair . my heart broke because i saw amaras body shaking through joãos arms . was she crying because of me?

they let go and joão took amaras cheeks in his hands and made the tears disappear . after that he kissed her forehead , grabbed her hand and led her inside . he . kissed . her . forehead .

i think i find this even worse than if they had really kissed . like on the lips . forehead kisses are a meaning gesture and are only given by people who truly love that person , platonic or romantic .

being frustrated , sad and most of all , hurt by my own actions , i eventually drank too much . i was a bit tipsy before that , but now i drank more than i ever did .

AMARAS POV

nearly everyone was gone . jamal and jude left earlier and they slept in a hotel instead of my house because they wanted to rest . i started to clean up and hushed the left guests out . it was only raphina and balde though .

when i walked into the room where the bar was , i noticed someone sipping his drink . the lights were dimmed , so i couldn't figure out who it was . i did turn on the light and was shocked by who it was .

gavi?"

he didn't seem to hear me .

it was fucking 2 am .

„gavi?"

i asked again , no answer . then i walked closer and snatched the drink out of his hand .

„how much have you drank?"

he didn't react and then i saw his face , it was like he wasn't even here anymore .

pablo come on now"

i never really called him pablo since we broke up and i don't know why . i slightly nudged him in the shoulder and he snapped out of his thoughts .

„what are you doing here?"

he asked , his voice slurring .

i hate drunk people .

„gavi why are you drunk?"

„i saw amara with another boy and he kissed her forehead , which made me miss her even more than i already did . i won't ever get her back you know? i said things i should never have said and touched her against her own will , so now she can't even touch me without being scared"

drunk words are sober thoughts .

i noticed him nearly falling off the chair so i carefully slapped his shoulder to get him out of his trance and make him realize it was me .

„what are you- hermosa?"

„you might want to stand up , i think otherwise you'll fall off the chair you know?"

„what? yes .. yes"

he stood up and i saw him struggling and took a deep breath before i wrapped his arm around my shoulder and laid mine around his waist to steady him .

when i felt his touch my skin exploded because i actually missed it so much .

i led him upstairs and laid him down in my bed , putting the blanket ontop of him and taking off his shoes . just before i went to leave , he mumbled something .

„stay"

i turned around and saw his now opened eyes and he didn't seem so drunk than before . i can't help but got flashbacks from that day where i told him to stay with me .

sighing and being way too tired to sleep anywhere else now , i laid down next to him . that seemed to make him happy because when he turned around to face me , his eyes were closed and a smile was on his lips .

i caught myself staring at his mesmerizing face . he was so near to me that i could even feel his hot breath . i just continued to stare at him , wishing nothing more than him opening his eyes so i could see them .

„staring is not nice you know?"

fuck .

i think i take my wish back because now he has his eyes opened and looked at me .

even if it was dark , i could see that his face was more pale than normally .

just then he jumped up and went to the bathroom , probably to throw up . sighing , i walked into the bathroom and sat down next to my former boyfriend .

our conversation from a long time ago made it's way into my thoughts .

FLASHBACK

„you're not into drinking huh?"

i asked pablo as he was laying between my thighs playing fifa while my hands were in his hair . we were talking about random things as always .

„i mean i can drink , but if i drink too much , i'll get sick you know?"

FLASHBACK END

oh . pablo seemed like he finished and i stood up and went to one of my dressers where i had some clothes from pedri or jude in it . i picked out a pair of sweatpants and a white t-shirt .

here"

i handed him the clothes and he smiled at me with an exhausted look on his face . i left the bathroom and went into bed again , careful to leave enough space for him . i don't know exactly know he meant when he said he'll get sick of alcohol .

end of chapter 42 🫶🏼

did my first hattrick in uploading today 😍😍

sooo one bed trope this chapter + next chapter aswell 🤫🤷🏼‍♀️

thoughts?

i love you all so so much

aleyna