50 | his voice

GAVIS POV

i was at the funeral from my abuelita and couldn't stop thinking about her . if we would be still dating , i would've brought her here with me , and that's what made me overthink , if she would've been here , i wouldn't be so devastated .

this week was one of the worst weeks i have ever experienced , i didn't eat much , only left my room when needed and couldn't stop thinking about amara .

on the fourth day i noticed that everyone that amara is close to was gone in barcelona , me , pedri , alejandro , sira and even ferran or ansu aren't there .

they're all with their families .

my heart ached for my former girlfriend , knowing she doesn't have her parents anymore .

when aurora brought me back home , it was already 1 in the night when i arrived . i said goodbye to her and went into mine and pedri apartment , careful not to wake him because he was probably asleep .

after getting ready for bed , i peeked into pedris room and saw him laying on his bed with his arms around someone . amara . i couldn't see her face , but i knew it was her .

forgetting i was supposed to stay quiet , i scoffed and pedri opened his eyes , looking directly at me .

pablito, hi"

i just kept staring at him and amara in his arms  .

„pablo are you okay?"

„what me? yeah , i'm fine , go back to sleep with your best friends ex , how nice of you"

i knew that i had no right to say this , but i was so angry in that moment that i couldn't contain myself .

what? no- pablo , you weren't there when-"

„you're right pedri , i wasn't there , sorry that my grandma died"

i had raised my voice and the knot of hair which was amaras head laying on pedris chest moved slightly .

pedri shot me a death stare . why? it's normal that people wake up at night , he's being dramatic .

PEDRIS POV

pablito , hi"

i greeted my best friend , ignoring his scoff from a few seconds ago . i haven't been asleep since i went to bed with amara . last night , she woke up nearly all the time and i couldn't bear that she always had nightmares and i woke up too late , so i am staying awake for a bit now , i wasn't tired so it was fine by me .

when pablo didn't reply i asked him if he was alright and his answer hurt me .

„what me? yeah , i'm fine , go back to sleep with your best friends ex , how nice of you"

what the hell . i wasn't staying with amara because i plan a future with her as my wife and her having my babies . no .

what? no- pablo , you weren't there when-"

i tried to sooth gavi and explain him the short version of the story , but he cut me off , angry .

„you're right pedri , i wasn't there , sorry that my grandma died"

he began to talk more loudly which caused amara to wake up , or atleast it disturbed her very needed sleep .

i death stared at gavi and he looked at me in an angry way . he probably thinks i was overreacting , when i really wasn't .

pedri?"

„yes , i'm here amor , go back to sleep"

„i thought i had heard his voice"

she whispered the last part and i wasn't sure if gavi had heard it .

he hasn't since i noticed he left the room without another word .

AMARAS POV

i woke up and however , i've had a very good sleep , the best one for a while now .

realizing pedro was still asleep , i kissed his hair , kind of thanking him for keeping me „safe" from my appearing nightmares and stood up to eat . yes , eat . eating hasn't been my main problem and i luckily don't have an eating disorder , i just hadn't have the motivation to do anything and that included eating .

when i walked into the kitchen , someone was already there .

gavi"

he turned around and i saw his tired eyes . not tired like he hasn't slept , just tired of everything . like me .

amara"

no nickname anymore , i see .

i just looked at him , but he turned around again .

is he mad at me?

i kept overthinking that question when i made myself some muesli .

i sat down aswell and ate my food , quietly until i couldn't bear it anymore .

„are you mad at me?"

i looked up at him because he sat across from me .

„are you serious right now?"

i flinched , only a bit , but still . only because he raised his voice .

he noticed and a skeptical look appeared on his beautiful face .

„why have you flinched?"

he stood up from his barstool and walked up to me .

i wasn't able to say anything .

then pedri walked in , saving me .

„good morning everyone!"

i saw pablos expression go blank and asked myself why he was so mad at me and pedri .

„morning pedri"

he smiled at me .

„thank you so much for last night pedro , te quiero"

i told him and went to grab my things to leave .

„always for you , i'm glad to help te queiro"

we hugged .

i didn't look at pablo and just left .

why was he like that?

PEDRIS POV

after amara left , i made myself some breakfast and sat down next to pablo even if he was finished , he stayed .

„if i ask you one question now , i want you to be 100% honest with me"

„gavi i'll always be honest with you"

„do you have ... feelings for amara? like romantically related ones?"

„no , i don't"

„then why were you both sleeping like that yesterday?"

„that was more than one question , but since i'm your best friend and you've apologized nicely to me for your words yesterday , i'll tell you . amara was having a hard time and i was there for her"

„right yeah , sorry for that , i was out of my mind . i'm sorry . i don't understand another thing . why were you mad when she woke up?"

i sighed .

„pablo , i love you , but that's not my story to tell . for understanding , you need to know a few things and those aren't things i am supposed to tell , but i can give you a tip . apologize to her for being like that today"

end of chapter 50 🫶🏼

this is a short one , i'm sorry guys .

i love you all so incredibly much <3

aleyna