3

Enya

After I checked the shipments for the Japanese and made sure everything was good to go, I gave the okay for them to ship everything off and started on the Americans. I didn't plan on going home tonight so I figured I could start the loading myself. Whenever I ran the warehouses, I never had more than 10 men here. I didn't feel it was nessacary, especially since I helped. I had 2 guarding the front doors and the rest of us would work. The fewer people I had in here the less people could fuck up.

I heard my phone ringing and saw it was my mom calling, I put the guns down and answered it "Hey momma"

"Hey, it's getting late. I didn't know if you wanted me to save you a plate or not."

"I should be okay, I'm gonna stay the night here. Get a head start on the next shipment"

"Hmm, I could bring your plate and help you? Your dad is sleeping so he won't care"

I chuckled "Yeah mom that sounds fine, I could eat."

"Okay, I'm outside. Come help me" She said shocking me and I laughed.

"Here I come" I took my gloves off and went to the front door opening it, I watched my mom get out of the car and grabbed two plates "You're eating with me?"

"Yup" She smiled at me "You've been avoiding the house like the plague so" She held up the plates then walked through the door and I closed and locked it.

"Sorry about that," I said then started walking back to Alonzo's office "I was gonna come home tonight"

"It's okay baby, no need to apologize"

Sometimes I felt bad having parents that cared about me so much, all of us. Even though my mom was only older than my brother by 3 years she still treated him like a son. Their relationship was always like that, even when I was younger. My parents understood me better than anyone on this planet, it could be a life save sometimes and annoying the next. Regardless, I knew if I needed them they would always be there for me.

My mom put the plates on the desk and I moved the paperwork and folders over to the couches, we sat down and I unwrapped the plate she made me. She had made fried chicken thighs, mac and cheese with green beans. I knew she had made the green beans for me, no one in the house ate them but me. I loved them.

"Do you want me to talk to your dad about us moving?" She asked.

I shook my head "No, I love that house, and you guys don't need to keep babying me"

She chuckled and bit a piece of chicken "You are our baby, just because you're a grown-up doesn't mean that we still can't take care of certain things for you"

"I know, I just feel like I should be able to handle things myself."

"I understand, it's things I still ask your grandma and grandpa for help. Even grandpa Babu doesn't mean you aren't an adult."

"I have an IQ of 159 I should be able to handle a little death"

She narrowed her eyes at me and I laughed "You let being a genius define you to much, try just being a 24-year-old baby. That's already hard enough" she shrugged "Your dad runs a Mafia, your boyfriend died, you've been through a lot baby." She shook her head having a guilty look on her face then took another bite of her food.

"Mom?"

"Yeah baby" She looked up at me.

"You know I'm happy right? Despite Gabriel dying I'm happy, I swear" She looked over my face to see if I was telling the truth, and she smiled once she knew I wasn't lying.