6

Enya

"I'm trying to figure out how a marriage would be better," I said "We already have an alliance, a marriage would just be unnecessary"

Alonzo shook his head "It would show unity, that it's just not Aurora and my dad. That people from different places and races can love and co-exist without power and just love. The mafia has the mindset of the 1940s still. Sadly"

"Well, it doesn't have to be me. It can be Brandi and Ryu"

"Ryu isn't in the mafia, Brandi is affiliated with the Americans." He looked at me "Hey you're not going to marry him. Pops made that clear, I did too. We can find another way to get the Canadians off our back"

"It must be another Mafia who thinks the same otherwise Kenji wouldn't have brought it up"

"London isn't too fond of it, neither is China."

"Kinda puts us in a tight spot" I mumbled "They even attacked the Russians. That must be why."

"Tomorrow me and Lail are going to go to South America and Vietnam for the next few days. Hopefully, they're thinking lines with ours"

"I could come with-"

He shook his head "I got it. Go spend time with your grandpa" he chuckled "I'm gonna go check on mine" he stood up and tapped the table "Don't worry about it, Enya. I'll handle it"

"We'll handle it" I grabbed his hand "Got it asshole?"

He chuckled "Yeah I got it."

I had made it safely to America and my grandpa and auntie were already waiting on me. We stopped at Popeyes and got me something to eat since they didn't have a Popeyes in Italy.

I sat on the couch in the living room and my grandpa handed me my box "Extra gravy" he handed me my gravy and I moaned "God I love this shit"

My auntie chuckled and opened my grandpa's box for him "What's this I'm hearing about a marriage?" He asked talking with food in his mouth.

"You would think you and grandpa Brandon are sisters the way you two gossip. How did he even know?"

He shrugged "Don't know. Don't care. I do know you ain't getting married" he said

"Ain't isn't a word grandpa"

"You isn't getting married" he rolled his eyes.

"Who would the marriage even be to?" My auntie asked

"Eziō," I said gagging "Piece of shit"

"Your grandpa likes Eziō," my auntie said "He seems okay"

"Yeah he likes him better than his own child and granddaughters"

"I just understand the boy. That's all" he shrugged "Kaito wasn't the most loving father to him"

"You never talk about your parents. Neither did auntie Tina"

"My mom was a good woman. She would've loved you and Aurora"

"When did she pass?" I asked, "Maybe we could visit her?"

"A long time ago." My auntie started rubbing his back "My dad killed her. For trying to take the 3 of us and leaving him. In front of us" my auntie kissed his jaw.

"Turn on Bob Ross," I said to my grandpa and threw the remote at him. I could tell he didn't want to talk about it and only told me because I asked.

"You two and Bob Ross. Y'all don't even paint" my auntie chuckled