10

Enya

"I can come with you, you know?" My sister said with Ryu behind her. She was holding his hand over her shoulder while he was playing on his switch.

I shook my head packing my clothes "Stay here with your man" I chuckled "I'm the one who has to possibly get married so I need to do the work"

"Enya you don't have to do everything yourself"

"I'm not. Alonzo and uncle Lail are going some places too, I'm sure grandpa Brandon will listen around also"

She nodded her head and bit her lip. She looked at Ryu smiling "Oh I know! We can get married and you won't have to"

Ryu looked at me and nodded his head "Sooner better than later" he looked back down at his game and I smiled watching the two of them.

"It has to be the Italians. You're linked to the Americans. So" I shrugged "Until Amir comes of age, it's me" I smiled. She looked sad and I stopped packing "Stop that. I'm not getting married, Brandi. We need to do this anyway, the fact that mom and dad are getting shit because they're from two different families is crazy. It's not the 1950s anymore."

"I know, it's crazy we even have to do this in the first place." She shook her head "They always got so much shit about their relationship, from the age gap, to them being from different families and grandpa raising daddy. It's so much, you know Alonzo and dad will go to war before they let this shit fall on us," She said. Ryu grabbed her hand "We should be able to love and be with who we want regardless of anything"

I nodded my head "We should, and it's stupid that we can't, but wars not an option. Especially now that mom is pregnant, we have to do this carefully" I shook my head "She's already high risk, a war would stress her out."

Brandi nodded her head "Well be fine, we already are. We Mostafa's are hard to get rid of"

"Hard to beat" I smiled at picked up my bag "I bought a few houses where I'm going so. If you two want to come or just pop in you can"

"Houses?" Ryu said not even looking up from his game.

"Enya doesn't like hotels. She can't set traps like she wants in hotels, I almost died once cause I didn't call ahead" she shook her head "Where are you heading first?"

"Africa. I'll be there for a few days. I'll check in every day"

She hugged me "I love you"

"I love you more" I hugged her tighter "Stay in the guest room. I don't want daddy having a heart attack" I looked at the two of them.

"Got it" she reached back for Ryu and he reached for her hand without taking his hand off the game. She smiled at him and look back at me "Believe it or not I actually come before the game"

"Always," he said still not taking his eyes off of it.

"Behave" I kissed her cheek and walked out.