52

Enya

"Where did Alonzo pull the CCTV from," my grandpa asked.

"The camera right there" I pointed to the one that was directly in front of the building catching everything that happened.

My grandpa walked around the parking lot and then waved me over. I jogged over to where he was and he pointed to a camera that was on the side of the building. Then one that was further down "I want those two and the ones on the street," my grandpa said

"Once we find the car on the cameras we should just follow it," I said while making notes on my tablet.

"Good idea. Where even is the car?"

"Dumped," I said while trying to hack into the cameras.

"Where?" He looked at me and I rolled my eyes from having to start over.

"I'll call Alonzo," I said pulling my phone out.

"Yeah?" My brother answered, "What's going on?"

"Where is the car?"

"4 miles north. Behind the police station"

"The police station? Seriously Alonzo?"

"What? It's not like it's in the parking lot"

I huffed and hung up the phone "4 miles north behind the police station"

"Come on," he said and I followed him to the car. He got in and we started to drive, the guards were following behind us staying close. I looked up at Marco every so often then he looked at me "What?"

"Just-I don't know" I shrugged

"What? Spit it out"

I rolled my eyes "You're a smart man and a great leader. So seeing you even better than your best is just kinda-" My tablet dinged letting me know I was in. "Cute"

"Cute? Did you just fucking call me cute?"

"I'm in," I said ignoring him "It looks like they sat there for a while" I looked at the time "We were out there about 10 minutes just hanging out. The timestamp has them pulling in 10 minutes before we were even outside"

"What? From the side of the building?"

"Yeah?" I looked at him then it clicked what he was saying "It was somebody there. Or another car. There's no way we wouldn't have noticed a car sitting there, so they hung back until somebody let them know." I shook my head "Everything happened so quickly that we barely had any time to react"

He nodded his head and I started working on the next camera "Just kept working on those cameras."

"Already on it"

"I can't believe you called me cute" he scoffed and I looked at him from the corner of my eye chuckling.

"You're usually all like 'I don't love anyone' 'Love is bad' 'Emotions are for pussies' 'Grr I'm Marco Wilson'. I knew you were going to be upset. Sad even, but I didn't expect you to cry-"

"I didn't cry"

"You did," I said smiling "You love your daughter so much you almost took Grandpa Brandon's head off for not being there with her"