44

Enya

"I'm worried about Eziō," I said to my grandpa "It's been two days and I haven't heard from him since he said he was meeting his mom"

My grandpa sighed "We'll be stopping in Egypt since he's there. He didn't want his mother to know he was in Italy"

I shook my head "I wish she would just go away, she doesn't deserve to be in his life" I rubbed my forehead "But I have to be a supportive wife" I forced myself to say.

"Have you two talked about this?"

"Yeah. He wants to try for a relationship with her and I told him I would be there for him and I'm trying but I just know it's the wrong choice" I looked at my grandpa "Have you met her? His mother?"

"I have, she tried to stab me and your grandmother punched her"

"What? I thought everyone thought that Farrah was Grandma's mom, why was Grandma there."

"Because I had her there" He shrugged "I didn't like my wife not knowing what was going on, she usually sat with Saif to make it seem like they were together and not us. Plus Your uncle was married to Geneva at the time so, Angela thought it would be a good idea no one knew that"

"Wait Uncle Saif married her? I thought he just saved her and fell in love with her?"

"He did they got married before Matteo was born because he's a bit traditional" He laughed "He didn't want his son born out of wedlock and Geneva just wanted to marry Saif"

"I don't understand why she even went back to that man" I shook my head "I don't think I could ever go back to someone who abused me. I know leaving an abusive relationship is hard but it was you and Uncle Saif?" I said not understanding, if anyone could've protected her it would be my grandpa and uncle.

He sighed and leaned back and I laid in his lap looking up at him, he looked down at me smiling and started running his hand through my hair "I feel when people get a little taste of power it can go two ways; it can humble you or it can make you crazy, and sadly the ladder happened to Geneva"

I shook my head still not understanding "But we're the best, the Mostafas are the best" I said feeling insulted

"Well, Adnan was still alive at the time, and he was noticing me and Saif were continuously turning down his setups for marriage. Saif was always rebellious to him so when I said no he became suspicious, so I just went and told him I wanted to marry Angela and he told me no. So I went to her father and asked him and he said yes so we got married anyway" He chuckled "Then Adnan introduced me to Farrah, you know I don't believe in lying so I was upfront with her."

"Upfront about what? Marrying grandma?"

He nodded his head "I had met with her, took her out to dinner so she could feel comfortable. I think arranged marriages can be uncomfortable and nerve wrecking for everyone" He looked down at me and I laughed

"Actually I was excited" I smiled lying

"Sure you were," He said laughing "Anyway I wanted her to know she didn't have to say yes to the marriage and that I would deal with Adnan's wrath, but she told me she wanted to go through with the marriage. So I told her that I was already in love with another woman and that there wasn't a chance for her. I gave her the option of paying her to not accept the marriage and she still told me no-"

"What a dumbass, if Eziō told me he was in love with another woman I would've jumped for joy and taken the money." I paused "Well before, not now. I would kill him and the woman now"

My grandpa laughed and then kissed my head making me smile "Crazy girl." He said and I laughed "So I gave Farrah the option of living her own life and just being my wife in public. I told her she could do what she wanted and didn't even have to produce an heir for me. I already had Laila and once Adnan was dead I planned for her to take over, but instead, after we got married a month later she went to Adnan crying about how she felt neglected by me being busy with my business. Adnan had Saif take over for a while and demanded me to produce an heir with her."