34

AN I just found out that Tigers don't purr, I think I've put it in here once or twice. They chuff and blink slowly at the people they love. Just an FYI

Enya

"So, how's everything been going?" Marco asked me as we walked around the shops in the street. "Are you hungry at all?"

"Can I ask why you're doing this without sounding like a bitch?" I looked at him "Did my mother put you up to this? Or my dad?"

"No one put me up to this, I would think you know me better than that"

"I don't know you at all"

"I suppose that's my fault since I ignored you all these years"

I stopped walking from hearing what he said, Marco wasn't the type to admit he was wrong. Ever. Even when he was. Marco was strong in his opinion, he was strong in demeaning people, in outsmarting people. If I didn't gave so much resentment towards him I would say he was one of the smartest men that I knew. So hearing him admit something like this was a complete shock to me.

I didn't know what to say or how to respond so I just stayed quiet.

"Speechless?" He smirked at me and shook his head, he stopped at a food truck "Let me get an Imagawayaki" Marco pointed at the menu and then looked at me "What do you want?"

"Wataame is fine" I put my hand in my pocket and took out the ring that my dad gave me and put it on my finger, it was too big but I was uncomfortable, and the closest thing I had to my dad was right here. It was supposed to be Eziō's but it was mine for right now.

"You seem nervous"

"I'm uncomfortable," I said looking at him

"I'm trying to spend time with you" he looked at me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat so I wouldn't get my hopes up "Why?"

He looked at me and rubbed his chin before looking down the street "I think differently than most people Enya, I love you and care about you but sometimes it's hard for me to voice that"

I crossed my arms "Bullshit. You say it to everyone else just fine."

He sighed "I have a list" I raised my eyebrow at him and he held his hands up "Hear me out"

"Okay"

"You're strong Enya, independent to a degree, smart, you're able to stand well on you're own. Better than most, I just-" he blew out a breath "I felt like you didn't need those things from me. You get them so much from everyone else, I felt like mine would just be meaningless. You go to Brandon for everything, if not Brandon then Babu, if not Babu then Saif, if not Saif then Lail, and then your father. You have the same list as me. You have more than enough love in your life I just didn't think mine was necessary. It's why I just always waited on you to call me, which wasn't often." He shook his head and then looked over grabbing his food then handing me mine.

"Thank you"

"You're welcome" he looked over at a table "Let's go sit"

We went over to sit down and we both were quiet for a while before I spoke up "I tried to spend time with you" I mumbled "When I was younger. You just seemed like you didn't want to spend time with me, or like it was hard to"

"Laila was the first person I loved and it scared the fuck out of me, so I pushed her and pushed her and pushed her until she hated me and then I pushed her right into Brandon's arms. After that, I kinda learned how to deal with the emotions and feelings of love. Then Aurora" he chuckled "That one snuck up on me,"