7

Eziō

The first time I met Enya was when I was 12. It was a few months after my father had passed and my uncle wanted to go to Italy to meet with Matteo. I wanted to see Marco again, but my dad said it wasn't a good idea to let them know I knew Marco because they had crazy genes. I didn't know what he meant until years later.

Flashback

"Kanarazu eigo de hanashite kudasai." (Make sure you speak in English) my uncle said while fixing my tie.

"Naze?" (Why?)

"Matteo no okusan wa nihongo ga hanasemasen. Watashitachi wa burei ni omowa retaku arimasen. Karera wa zenryōna hitobitodesu." (Matteo's wife doesn't speak Japanese. We don't want to seem disrespectful, they're good people)

I nodded my head listening to my uncle. He was a good man and kind, he was more of a father to me than my own father. He had also saved me from my father's rage more than once. So if he wanted me to respect these people I would.

"Chichi wa sōde wa nai to iimashita. Sore wa usodatta?" (Father said they aren't. That was a lie?)

"Hitobito wa yoi koto to waruikoto ni tsuite samazamana iken o motte imasu, watashi o shinjite kudasai. Karera wa yoidesu." (People have different opinions on good and bad, trust me. They're good) he looked at me and patted my head. "Are you feeling okay?"

I nodded my head "Yes,"

"No need to worry" he reassured me again "Matteo is a good man and Aurora is sweet from what I hear."

We walked into the house and heard laughter, it caught me off guard hearing a house so loud. My uncle put his hand on my back leading me into the living room where everyone was. They were such a big family, and seeing different Mafia's in the same room getting along was weird. Only because I had never seen it before. Whenever my father took me out the air was always tense, but these people seemed careless.

You had Babu Mostafa, who was the leader of the Egyptian Mafia, His brother was his second, Saif Mostafa. Said had shot my father once because he irritated him.

Tina Wilson, she was uncle Marco's sister. She had perfect aim and combat from what uncle Marco said. He said she beat him a few times so she must be really good.

Matteo Moretti the leader of the Italian Mafia. Father said he liked the man before he decided to "lay with Brandon's daughter". Her mother was Laila, Babu's daughter. I guess that would be a merge. It just didn't seem like a big deal to me.

I thought Laila was dead but she was laying on Brandon, who I also thought was dead, laughing. Babu was sitting next to them, a little girl in his lap. Well, not little she looked a bit older. She was reading a book completely ignoring everyone around her, she was pretty.

Lail was sitting next to a woman and he was kissing on her neck carelessly while she tried pushing him away. Alonzo, Matteo's son was rubbing the woman's thigh. She pulled away kissing him then laid her head on his shoulder. My eyes winded not seeing anything like that before. They were both with the same woman?

I looked up at my uncle who was already looking at me "The three of them are married" my mouth opened from shock and he chuckled.

"People do that?"

"People can do what they want Eziō. That's what I've been trying to teach you. Good people can do bad jobs and bad people can do good jobs. It's all about what you do with it."