31

Enya

"And I thought you were bad with Gabriel," Latashia said smiling at me "You look as lovesick as Brandi does"

"Unt un. Don't do that" I laughed and Brandi flicked me off. I reached into my purse and pulled out the small paper I reminded myself to bring "Can you put this on my ring finger? On both of them?"

Brandi tried looking at what I pulled out and I pushed her head back but she had seen it already "Aw lord! She's down bad" she laughed.

Latashia looked at the paper confused "What is it?"

"The Arabic letter for E. She got it so he wouldn't know"

"And he won't. Right?" I glared at her. She zipped her lips and looked away smiling "Plus if he asks me I can just say it's for me" I shrugged.

"You looked pretty nervous when he was leaving," Brandi said but she wasn't teasing me "You okay?"

I nodded my head, Latashia was over starting on Brandi's nails. I looked down at my hands and they were shaking. I balled them up putting them in my lap "I need to do some training, I've been slacking"

Brandi looked at me worriedly before Latashia came back over to me and started to file my old nail design off. A few of our guards came in making me jump a bit and my phone started ringing.

I pulled my hand away seeing it was my dad calling "We're okay" I said

"Why do you sound like that then?"

I rolled my eyes, while my mom could read me like a book no matter how well I tried to hide my feelings in my voice he would know, my parents knew me almost better than I knew myself and it was annoying.

"Just thinking about how they knew we were here"

He was quiet for a bit before he sighed "Okay, well your brother and uncle are on their way"

"Okay, Eziō and Ryu are looking around right now"

"I see," He said realizing why I was feeling so uptight "I'll tell your brother to stay behind-"

"No" I shook my head "Dad, it's fine" I looked at the time seeing that Eziō had been gone for only 5 minutes. I knew it wasn't long enough to do a full check but the thought of Eziō being gone so long and past was starting to make me nauseous and light-headed.

"Enya?" I heard Brandi call my name.

"I'll go get her a water"

Memories of my family telling me Gabriel was dead started to come into my head, I didn't realize I dropped my phone and grabbed my throat not being able to breathe. I felt hands on me but I didn't know whose, everything was blurry and it felt like I had been pushed down underwater. I heard voices but they were muffled, I kept trying to talk but nothing came out and all I could focus on was that I couldn't fucking breathe.

"Enya" I felt arms wrap around me and looked up blinking, my vision was slowly coming into place. Dark brown eyes, almost black were looking down at me. "There you are" I took a deep breath almost choking in the process. I started coughing while Eziō rubbed my back, my hands were still shaking. My whole body was and I felt so tired.

Eziō pulled me into his lap wrapping both of his hands around me tightly. My vision was still a bit blurry but better than before, I just felt so out of it. The only thing I was focused on was Eziō's tattoo on his arm, usually, he had a jacket on but it wasn't on him. I looked around and then relaxed seeing his jacket was on me. I put my head back on his shoulder, then felt a water bottle up to my lips.

"Enya, sissy? Can you drink this?" I blinked looking over at Brandi, she hadn't called me sissy in years. Maybe since she was 10.

"Come on, drink for me baby" I heard Eziō's deep voice and took another breath. I took a sip of the water "Another one for me." I took another sip of water, then more once I realized how thirsty I was and how dry my throat was. "There you go," He said rubbing my back.