47

Eziō

"Your uncle can't talk right now honey. He's a little tied up" my aunt Sakura said sounding mischievous like she always did.

"Please. It's important, it's about Thomas" I rolled my eyes

"You're seeing him tomorrow Eziō why can't you just wait? You know I haven't been able to spend much time with him since Ryu has been in a rage."

"It's Ryu's fault he's in a rage" I rolled my eyes.

"Really? What did he do? He won't tell me, and neither will Brandi" She sighed "I had such high hopes for them, she was perfect"

"Ask your son, he's the reason they broke up"

"I'll let you speak to your uncle if you tell me what's going on"

"You are impossible" I rolled my eyes, I heard another call coming through and looked at it seeing it was my mom "Listen, I'm getting another call. Can you just tell Uncle Kenji to call me whenever you're finished torturing him?"

"I'll tell him you said hi" She hung up and I answered my mom's call.

"Yes?"

"How are you?" She said still sounding upset, I wasn't sure if it was from me not coming to the cemetery with her or if it was because Aunt Sakura beat her up again.

"I'm fine, how are you mother?"

"I'm okay" I held the phone waiting for her to say something else.

I saw Lailah running and she stopped looking at me "Hi Uncle Eziō!" She said loudly which shocked me. She was always so quiet, usually, Amir talked enough for the both of them.

"Hey beautiful" I smiled at her and she came over and I picked her up.

"Who is that?" I heard my mom's voice and cursed

"My wife's niece"

"She has siblings?"

"She does, 4 of them. She has a big family"

"I think I've waited long enough to meet your wife Eziō"

"Mother she's shy. I'm not going to make her uncomfortable to please you"

"Eziō I've been working hard at repairing our relationship, it would be nice if you met me halfway." She said sounding upset

"I've done more than meet you halfway. What are you expecting of me?"

"I just want you to be more open with me, I want you to trust me. I want us to have a relationship again"

Lailah squeezed my face and kissed my cheek making me chuckle "Give me a second beautiful" I put her down and she sat on the floor looking up at me. She looked so sweet and innocent, I couldn't wait till me and Enya had a baby.

"Eziō?"

"Yeah, I'm here" I ran my hand down my face "Look, I just need some time okay? We haven't spoken in years and I just need some time to process this shit"

She sighed "I understand. I love you, son, more than you know"

"You-I-I have to go" I hung up the phone and looked down at Lailah "Uncle Eziō is stressed," I said before picking her back up.

"Oh no" she looked sad then started touching my hair "Daddy likes this when he's sad. Baba doesn't and tickles me" she giggled "Mommy gives Baba baths when he's sad and they make songs. Do you want a song?"

"Make songs?" I looked at her and she nodded focusing on twisting my hair "Oh, oh! No, I don't want a song" I chuckled.

"Would you look at the sight of this" Enya looked at me "My ovaries are just waiting to be-"