65

Enya

"Laila's going to watch cameras and Brandon's going to stay in contact until we're a mile out" I heard my dad saying when me and my uncle were walking back in the room. My dad looked at me then back at everyone else "After that it'll be blackout until we recover Thomas"

I nodded my head and went over to Eziō who held my hand. I had calmed down a lot after talking to my uncle, he was right. While we were in the mafia, war wasn't something we did regularly. It was costly, time time-consuming, and many innocent people would die, so we liked to have proof and real reasons to actually go to war. The last time we did I was young, I understood we were in danger but I wasn't really aware of it until after I realized the danger. After I realized that people I loved could die and get hurt. It's terrifying.

My uncle was right, we had to do this to protect everyone we loved. We couldn't ignore this as much as I wanted to, we couldn't pretend this wasn't happening. We had to deal with this and I had to be a fucking big girl and deal with it.

I looked over at my uncle Saif who was causally sitting in the corner listening like he always did. He stood up and whispered something in my dad's ear making him turn around and look at him "What? No"

"What did he say?" Me and Alonzo asked at the same time

"That I was coming," He said simply

"Absolutely not," My dad said firmly and my uncle just chuckled

"Someone in this family has to look good while killing people, and I'm afraid the rest of you are too young to do so" he smiled "Plus I'm bored"

"Baba" My dad sighed, "I think it's better if you stay here-"

He waved his hand dismissing him "That's what Babu is for, Enya come help your uncle get ready"

"If you need help getting ready you shouldn't be going," My dad said

"Matteo I've never physically disciplined you but I will" He gave him a pointed look and I covered my mouth smiling. My grandma just flat out started laughing and my dad glared at her.

"Shut up twerp"

"You better watch it, your daddy's gonna spank you," She said teasing him.

My dad looked at her before grabbing her and putting her in a headlock "You little smart shit"

"God damn it, Teo!" She started punching my dad in the stomach and he was laughing "It isn't funny!"

"Try to get out"

"Get your big ass arms off of me!"

"Come on," My uncle Saif said "You can come to Eziō, I know you two have codependency problems"

I pulled on Eziō's hand and he broke his gaze away from my dad and grandma "Are they-"

"They'll be at it for hours. Come on"

We followed my uncle to his room and Eziō looked around "This is fucking cool"