Chp 2

Notes:

Thank you so much for the support I've been getting! I want to thank my beta reader more than anything! You guys wouldn't be getting this chapter without her! If any fanart is made I'd love to see it! Expect a new chapter soon! <3

You decide to have a shower before you meet with Nightmare, for some reason you want to look nice. You put on a soft black sweater and some dark blue jeans that compliment your butt before leaving for the coffee shop. You made sure you were on time, as you had a tendency not to be.

You arrive at the coffee shop at about 5 minutes early so you find a table near a window with comfy looking chairs, sit down and start to read. You say read as if you could focus on the book when all you were thinking about was what if he's late, what if I got the wrong shop, what if he meant a different day? You pull out your phone again to check the text he sent you, and right on cue he comes in and looks around for you. You wave and smile a little at him. He stares at you a little before coming and sitting down across from you.

"Hey!" You say happily, glad you got everything right. Suddenly the heavy feeling of sadness and mourning drops into the air again. You ignore it and smile at him as he sits down.

"Hello." He replied, the corners of his mouth pricking up a little. A waitress comes over and takes your orders, well his order anyway. Considering your shop and monthly expenses, you really had no money to spend on things like coffee.

Nightmare smiled and said almost jokingly "Why didn't you order? You seemed to like coffee last time I saw you."

You contemplated telling him the truth or just joking back. You turned it over in your mind for a little while before you decided you had nothing to lose.

"To be honest, I can't really afford it right now. The book shop never really brought in much, I just liked it as a job. I could only really afford rent, food and keeping stock up, but now it obviously isn't bringing anything in now because it's closed." You giggled afterwards, trying to keep the mood light. His smile dropped a little and he asked what coffee you would've got. You told him, before realising why he asked it and telling him he didn't need to, really, it was fine. However, he was already at the counter, ordering and paying for YOUR coffee. When he sat back down you started digging through your purse, trying to pay him back. He frowned at this and grabbed your arm, telling you he didn't mind. You looked up at him and smiled.

"Thank you." you genuinely meant it and hoped it carried across. He sat back down, blushing a little before he started to talk about your shop.

"Again, I'm so sorry about killer and his... behaviour" He giggled before starting again "Would you mind coming to my house for dinner tonight so I can express my apologies over a meal?"

Well to be honest, you didn't know if you even had food in right now, and you sure as hell weren't going to turn this down.

"Sure!" you smiled. Your coffee came and you waved bye to him, blushing.

When you got home, grabbed a few dresses out of your wardrobe and tried them on.

Nightmare was confused. Usually, he would have killed anyone who touched his boys, not held them back and watched. He would have killed you for being a witness, for demanding compensation from him, for shouting at killer. However, when he went to do it, he ended up asking for your number. When he met with you, he planned on killing you on sight, but he ended up staring at you like a child and buying you coffee. It upset him when he heard you couldn't afford what you deserved. It upset him that he was causing you suffering. Usually, he'd laugh at that, at someone else going through what you are, but not you. He just wanted to make you smile, oddly enough. He thought you were beautiful, intelligent and witty. The jokes you cracked in BUISNESS CONVERSATION had him giggling at least a little. Even in such a bland subject you made him laugh. You just made him happy.