Chp 52

Notes:

Hello! Sorry this took longer than expected! I was busy. Anyway. I hate to keep pestering you guys, but I really need feedback. If I don't get feedback then I can't improve my mistakes! I promise I won't shout at you if you tell me that Nightmare wouldn't do something or you felt the plot was lacking or literally anything. That's why I like chapter-by-chapter with live comments! I really want to take advantage of the possibility of feedback! Anyway, enjoy <3

"You're absolutely sure this is the right place?" Nightmare grimaced, standing as far away from the walls as he could as if they were going to infect him or something. You looked around the damp hotel room you were staying in and sighed, rolling your eyes at him. This was like the fifth time he'd asked that question.

"Mhm. Right address, right area, right building." You list off, running your hand over the slightly greenish walls. You couldn't tell if they were painted like that or not. Either way it gave a greenish tint to the room, and not the good kind.

"Complete with the mould?" He asked hesitantly, pointing to the corner of the ceiling where there was a very prominent glob of mould. Honestly, you'd stayed in worse places, and this was only for a few days. It was the only place you could book same day, but you had a much better hotel ready in a week or so.

"I'll have you know I payed extra for that. Some added décor." You giggled, Nightmare not seeing the humour. He just had that usual sour expression on his face. "It's only for a few days. A lot of people live like this their entire lives."

"I don't care about a lot of people Y/n. Rooms like this aren't safe for humans and you know it." He frowns, looking it over again before looking back to you, seeming almost disappointed. You were sick of everyone being disappointed with you today.

"A. Few. Days. I've lived like this before Nightmare. I'm not going to drop dead because I'm sleeping in a green room." You huff and flop down on the bed, the mattress giving a humid sigh. You could deal with the damp humidity later, right now you had to deal with the ex-boyfriend who kept trying to do what was best for you and failing miserably. He never knew when to quit, that was the problem.

"You might drop dead sooner." He told you, a faint concern pushing through the exhaustion in his voice. You hated that it made your heart pound. And you hated that more than anything else in the world you wanted him to curl up with you and tell you that everything was going to be ok on this damp bed. You hated it more than anything.

"Oh shut up. No one cares about that. A few days isn't a whole lotta difference to anybody." You say heatedly, flipping over so you didn't have to face him. You didn't want to.

"It is to me." He mumbled. You both went silent after that. He wandered over to the bed, making it sigh again as he sat down on it. His phone rung out, breaking the silence. He didn't even leave to take it. You wondered why.

"What do you want Fatal?" He sighed, sounding more exhausted than you'd ever heard him before. It was only just sinking in how tired you both were. Today was hard, and his arm was undoubtedly still sore. Being shot with an arrow probably does that. Yet you still had enough time to build up a slight tension about your emotional and physical welfare. There was a pause before Nightmare talked again. "What does that have to do with me or the boys?" He asked, a slight anger in his voice now. You were curious. It was hard hearing half a conversation. You wanted the gossip. "Do you have any idea what day it is?" He practically stated, asking it sarcastically. "No I-" He seemed to get cut off by 'Fatal', letting out a heavy sigh. He never did that when you interrupted him. "Fine. Fine. Tell him..." Nightmare paused, seeming to be thinking for a short while. "Tell him the old barn at midnight, local time. And not to be late." He sighed, ending the call and flopping back next to you. He let out a deep breath, sinking into the mattress as he did so.