Chp 62

Notes:

I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for the off uploads. Especially the fact the chapters are so short. I just feel like i'm letting you guys down, and coming up with excuses.
But I suppose it's genuine now.
Long story short, the curse of the Ao3 writer has got me. And I've had it really hard for the good part of the time since summer.
I wont go into too much detail because you won't want to read it, but I took on a new course in Astronomy, meaning more stress. I didn't really think about it because i could take it at the time. But then I'm doing musical theatre now on top of that, and the rediculous amount of homework we recieve, plus the comments and treatment I get from classmates. On top of that, I only just got settled into my house, my dog got an incurable illness and my cat died.
So life is tough right now. but I'm powering through it.
So sorry.
With the depressing essay out of the way, I'm feeling a bit better right now.
I used British slang in this chapter, so for reference, wanker means dickhead in simple terms :) I'm British lol. Get over it. No I don't like tea or have a fancy mustache, mainly because I'm a girl.
I'm hoping to get a few chapters out, a Halloween drabble, a birthday drabble (IT'S MY BIRTHDAY ON SUNAY WOOOOO) And a few chapters of the co-fics out, since I'm spending more time with Xeno atm.
So uh... Enjoy<3

You snap a bar or chocolate and place it in your saucepan. Cross hovers close to you, watching closely.

"Could you grab some of the milk for me? Its in the fridge." You ask, smiling.

Cross seems to relax a bit and nods. A few seconds later, he comes back tenderly holding a small carton of milk. Just enough, you think.

You slosh it into the pan, chuckling slightly at Cross's awed expression.

"Have you watched someone make hot chocolate like this before?"
Cross pauses before shaking his head, seemingly embarrassed. You nudge him on the shoulder, grinning. He blushes slightly, his face heating.

Handing him the whisk, you tell him to mix it and keep it moving, lest it separate and burn. He looked like a deer in the headlights, slowly sloshing the mixture around the pan. You smile softly at him, gently patting him on the back as if to say "I'm not going to ask what's wrong but I'm here if you need me." before walking away to get some cinnamon and whipped cream. You bring it over, shaking the whipped cream before placing it on the counter.

Cross kept slowly mixing the hot chocolate, before you took the whisk.

"Put a little bit of cinnamon in." You encourage, nodding to the little still sealed tub of bronze powder. He picked it up and fiddled with the cap before getting it off and tipping a little bit of cinnamon powder into his hand, remembering he was a skeleton and watching it fall straight through.

He let out a panicked squeak, trying to scoop up the powder off the floor with his slightly orangey stained hands. You giggle, watching this situation unfold.

"Cross it's fine; I'll clean it up later. Just tip a bit of cinnamon in and I'll mix it." You smile kindly, still stirring the comforting mixture. He nods, standing up straight with a purplish tint to his cheeks. Grabbing the cinnamon again, he taps a little bit into the pan very gently, his bones making a little clack against the glass. He then sets it back on the counter, watching the cinnamon slowly dissolve into the swirling brown liquid.

A sweet scent sat in the air above the pan, ironically reminding you of winter, despite the summer months. You noticed Cross absently sniffing it, as if trying to taste it without drinking it. Knowing that makes you smile a little.

You pause tasting a bit of the hot chocolate. It was sweet and creamy, and not too hot. It warmed you up, and you nodded.

"Could you get me the mugs please dear?" You ask Cross, looking at him.