Chp 10(Yay!)

Notes:

Dis chp is very dialogue heavy!!! Night keeps slipping up with trying to hide his backstory from you cuz hes a stupid octopus. Enjoy <3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

HE WAS ACTUALLY GOING TO DO IT. You ducked your head, just missing the arrow.

"NIGHT NOW WOULD BE A GREAT TIME!?!"

"SHIT, YEAH SORRY." He came up behind you and threw you over his shoulder like a sack of flour. He punched Dream as Ink got his paintbrush out, Blue just kind of stood there. Dream clutched his face, it melting a little "Don't touch my fucking girlfriend again or I'll kill you." You both round the corner of the street and find Ruby, probably walking round to your house to see why you were so late. She was shocked when she saw you and Night, but she didn't have time to talk.

"C'mon Ru!" You said whilst Night grabbed her. You get in the portal, quickly closing it behind you. Night fricking collapses when he knows you two are safe in the corridor. You both tumble off of him as he catches his breath. He clutched his fist and whispered to himself "Shit that punch was probably my worst injury out of this entire thing" He stands up eventually and looks at both of you. Somehow, you're smiling like you didn't nearly die. He wasn't complaining but still.

"Hey Boss, you oka- shi- crap! CRAP, CRAP, CRAP" Killer exclaims doing his best to run away. You hear faint shouting in the distance "HELP, DAD GOT HIS ASS BEAT BY DREAM AND HE NEARLY HEARD ME SWEAR!" "IS MOM OK" "I DONT KNOW, GO LOOK YOURSELF IDIOT" You soon hear a stampede rapidly approaching you and stand up, helping Ruby up too. You go help Night pull the arrows out while you address the boys.

"Boys I am completely fine. Night will be too when I get all these out. This is Ruby," you gesture toward your friend " No stabbing, killing, or eating her. Got it?"

"Hey, I brought chocolate!" she exclaims. Cross and Horror are already next to her, clearly liking her already. "Wait a minute, if your kids are like 20+ how old are you?"

"One, they aren't my children, even if they were, they'd be classed as adopted. Two, honestly, I lost count a while ago, but I think I'm like 520 something this year. So fairly oldish I'd say." Both your jaws dropped, why hadn't you thought to ask him that sooner?

"Oh my gosh, how? You immortal or do skeletons just live that fricking long?" You ask.

He chuckles and replies "Skeletons most definitely do not live that long, but I'm not immortal, time can't kill me, but someone else could. I'm like, somewhere in between."

"You're in between a lot of things huh?"

"Yup, like in between Y/ns legs" Ruby laughed. Nightmare and you instantly started blushing and Killer laughed.

"RUBY, NO. STOP. You always have to embarrass me huh?"

"Yup, it's what I do." Night's still just dumbstruck until you go back to pulling out arrows.

"To be fair, I know you, so it's partly my fault for walking into it."

"I can't believe old men are your type! It would've saved us a lot of crying over ex's"

"Can we not talk about my ex's in front of my boyfriend and the kids? He's only been my boyfriend for 2 days, I don't want to scare him off with my spooky past."

"Why didn't you say I wasn't old?" He asked mockingly, still blushing a little.

"Cuz you most definitely are old. I don't mind though, as long as you don't go and die any time soon."

"Why has the topic of my dying come up so much today?"

"Mmm, considering I'm the only one of us to die today, it's kinda weird."