Chp 47

I deleted 10,000 words to give you guys this instead because I actually edited it for once and 10,000 was too much editing. The same plot points will happen, but it'll be better written and split into parts. So sorry about that lol. That's why it took so long. Anyway! They're finally coming together! Nighty gets three dates to prove himself, but the first one is going swimmingly right now. Oop. I swear I can only write angst it's not even funny :( Regardless, enjoy <3
Ps: Big shoutout and thanks to Kimale for suggesting a song that literally made me cry, so we get two song recommendations today! We're looking for Renee by SALES and Almost is never enough bye Ariana Grande and Nathan Sykes! So... Big thanks to them for commenting and suggesting a song! Check them out if you want.

You had your comfiest tracksuit on and your hair up in a messy bun. Honestly it looked like you just got out of bed. But you were happy, so it's fine. You were eating some burnt toast when Nightmare knocked on the door, and despite how gorgeous you looked stood there in hobo clothes and a mouth full of burnt toast, he still managed to blush. You ignored it and decided to stare him down while you ate your toast, leaning against the doorframe.

"Babyboo? Did you make me some toast too?" Ruby shouted as she came down the stairs half-dressed, breaking the tension pretty much instantly. Nightmare was now bright blue, turning around because ruby was in a bra and shorts.

"I burnt it! Yours literally set on fire. Make your own toast." You shout back at her, stifling a giggle at how fluster Nightmare got. "I can set you two up you know. She likes skeletons too." You tell Nightmare, lowering your voice.

"Error would kick my ass. And I only want you." He smirked, wiping some crumbs off your chin. "You ready to go?"

"Mhm. I just need to check what Ru is doin today." You answer, finishing off your toast. You go into the kitchen, finding her putting chocolate spread on some toast that's just as burnt as yours was. "I'm out all day and might not be back till morning. What should I expect from you?"

"I'm going work today." She utters with a full-mouth. It's a good job you know Ruby language, or you would've been lost. "Then I'm probably seeing Error. Imma ask him on a date soon, maybe today, so I might not be back till morning too." She smirks.

"You're hopeful aren't you? Well enjoy work. Try out the romance series I left in the drawer, its right up your street." She made a noise of acknowledgement as you swung your bag over your shoulder. Nightmare already had the portal open as you approached. You step through the swirling darkness, waiting for your eyes to adjust to how dark the castles corridors were compared to the naturally lit warmth of your house. It seemed particularly dark today, but maybe you were imagining it.

"Enjoying yourself?" He snnrked, watching you look around.

"You're such a nerd, staring at me on a date. Who turned the lights out?" You pointed out, finding a single blue eye watching over you caringly from the darkness.

"There never were any lights. The boys shut the curtains trying to be edgy. I can't be bothered to open them again." He chuckled. "I have fine enough night vision. I could live like this." You saw something flick, probably a tentacle. Were they wagging again?

"You're weird looking in the dark." You giggle, trying to get a better look at him. He sort of melted into the darkness, you not really being able to tell what was Nightmare and what was shadow. It was a pretty cool trick actually.

"Thank you. It's because I blend in. Shadows are a good camouflage for me."

"I noticed." You say matter of factly, noticing something moving behind him. Fast. "Night what's that?"