chp 24

Notes:

Thanks for letting me take a step back guys! In return you get a sassy little 6000 word chapter with lots of banter and fluff! You're welcome. Upload sched should go back to normal too! Also started a new beauty and the beast fic, but I need help with the title lol. With that, Enjoy <3

She's back. SHES FUCKING BACK. Every time you get rid of her, every time she's right back, just to torture you. Back to being helpless, back to trying to fight her off, back to being victorious. Except she always stands as you run. She always chases after you. SHE ALWAYS COMES FOR YOU. Back to running. Pure running. Pure terror. Her bloodied body forever coming, coming for you. FUCK. She was closing in, faster than last time. Faster than ever. Its hard to tell if that's even what she looked like anymore, fucking bitch. Deserved what she got. Right? Just run. RUN.RUN.RUNRUN.RUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUN~

Nightmare shook you with practised precision, except he wasn't used to doing it on you. You were a VERY persistent sleeper. Of course, you woke up whenever he got out of bed, but when he wanted you to wake up? Not happening.

"Y/n? It's Night. None of that's real. Just wake up. Please? Your negativity's gross, I don't want it." He was getting slightly worried at this point, adding some more pressure. He was about to take some louder action, but you woke up.

"FUCK! I'm awake, I'm awake, I'm awake. Am I awake?"

"Yes you are awake. You scared me. I was sat there trying to wake you up for like 10 minutes. How bad are your fucking nightmares?" He sighs taking his hands off of you.

"I've only ever really got one specific one, so I don't really have anything to gauge it on. It's to do with shit that traumatised me as a kid. Part of the healing stuff too actually. Can't believe I woke you up though, sorry about that."

"I got woke up by Dust, who's a good few rooms away. You had the same amount of negativity, except right next to me. Of course I woke up. The fact it was as bad as one of Dust's is the reason I'm worried. Do you want to talk about it?" he squeezes your hand gently, almost to say he wouldn't mind.

"Fuck no. You aren't getting any of my edgy shit until we're married, then you're stuck with me. I told a guy once, he left me and tried to get me locked up. You can't do that if we get married." You laugh.

"OK then... you sure though? I'm like a pro at nightmares, it's my name after all. Plus I've seen pretty much everything bad that could happen, cannibalism causing famines to being possessed by a dead kid and becoming numb and pretty much emotionless. If any of that affects you I can help." He shrugs.

"None of that affects me. Its actually quite minor compared to other peoples baggage. It makes me feel stupid for having it, but that doesn't make it go away."

"Your fucking trauma isn't stupid. Just because the worst thing hasn't happened to you doesn't make you less valid. You need to stop underestimating yourself. It's OK to be sad. It's OK to not be OK. Everything you feel is valid, because at the end of the day you're feeling it. You can't help that. You get what I mean?" he almost scolds you, but it's a softer tone.

"I-I do. I'm still not talking about it though. Can we just cuddle?"

"Sure. I'm not going to say no to cuddles." You move over and sit in his lap since he's sat up. As soon as you get comfy, he wraps his arms around you and rests his chin on your head. "I love you... you know that right?"

"Yeah, you make it clear every day, silly goose. I love you too. Ooo! Can we go shopping tomorrow... today? What time is it?" you giggle, having fun being wrapped up in your boyfriend.