chp 43

Notes:

Wooow. Ok so this is 9000 words long. Reader and Night get tipsy at the end but it's adorable. I don't think there are any TWs but if I missed one just tell me K? Please Comment and kudos! It makes my day so much better when I find out one of you likes my fic. With that, enjoy <3

Chapter Text

You didn't really put anything fancy on, but you were wearing a dress, just because. It was dinner afterall, where you were formally meeting possibly someone who was important. Also it made you feel pretty. It felt like a dress day. Ruby came back this morning, she was with Error as you had assumed. They had a sleepover without you. How dare they. Anyway, you told her you were going out again tonight before she went to work, just in case she got worried or something. Nightmare was actually slightly late for once. It worried you a little.

You sat near the window, watching the rain pepper puddles across the landscape. It was heavy for a spring night. You might need a coat. Bored, you trace a drop down the window with your finger, absentmindedly following different paths when they crossed over. You could feel how cold it was outside through the glass, but you still sat there with your fingertips against it. You missed looking out the window to find a perfect green garden rather than concrete and a sad chunk of grass. You missed a lot of things about the castle really. But you didn't miss the castle itself. You didn't miss the lonely nights sat outside the boys' rooms. What you did miss was the laughter that filled the halls despite its' size. The sneaking back to your room from the library that you and Nightmare did nearly every night so you didn't wake the boys up. The kissing in the garden. The walks. Of course you missed them. Those moments were the happiest moments you could remember, and a guardian of Negativity with his stupid kids gave you them. Because you were family. Messed up family, but family. And he ruined that. That's why you were mad now wasn't it?

Suddenly you were pulled out of your thoughts by a knock at the door. You scramble to open it, slightly dazed by being dragged back to reality. The door opens with a creak, revealing Nightmare. Of course it was Nightmare. Who else would it be?

"Hey. Sorry I was late, we were a bit preoccupied." He sighed, rubbing his arm. Nervous about something. You actually got quite good at reding him huh? "The boys got you daffodils and I am messenger boy apparently. Their excuse for not giving them to you themselves was that there aren't any vases at the castle."

"Aw! That's so cute. Maybe you should get some flowers though, it'd look nice." You smile, taking the flowers. "So what's the occasion?" You ask absentmindedly, putting them in the vase on the table and fluffing them up a little.

"They said something about spring and you being nice. It's odd for them. You stole the hearts of a group of human hunting mass murderers, not an easy feat." He said a little louder so you could hear him inside. It was pretty easy. You wandered back to the door, but not before catching him staring. "You look nice." He smiled slightly.

"Thanks. It's not mine, I stole it from Ruby. I wanted to look nice." you smile a little, looking at the dress. It was just a simple lilac one, very spring-ish and fluttery but fairly short. "So what cards you pulling on this kid?" Your smile shifts to a smirk, him returning it.

"I was thinking the 'What are your intentions' one would be a strong start."

"Oooo. I agree there. What should I do?"

"Be good cop. Be nice, but make it seem like you're that nice to everybody."

"I am nice to everybody." You pout, and he chuckles softly. "Not my fault people are mean to me."

"Mhm. As if I'd fall in love with someone who's nice to everybody. You were an ass on that date. Thinking about me while on a date with another man. You clearly can't help yourself."