Chp 28

Notes:

WOOOOOOO 1015 HITS. So fun. Anyway, Noot and reader struggle a little in this, frankly this man needs to sort his life out. Don't be afraid to comment or kudos if you like this, it gives me life and certainly makes me write faster lol. Love you guys, thanks for the support. Enjoy <3

Chapter Text

Nightmare keeps coming back late. Later and later. Hes getting more distant when he is home too, it's starting to worry you. Last night he was back at 4 AM. Stars know what hes doing out there, he won't even tell you. Well, he was on a mission with the boys today anyway, they'd tell you. It was probably something small anyway. You sigh and pull out your phone, getting a text from Ruby.

"Heya gal. U free soon? Thinking we could go on a gurls night out!"

"No. I'm still looking after the kids for Noot while hes at work :("

"Thats sad. Does he kno ur up all night worrying over him and stuff?"

"Yea. Idk whats up with him, hes all quiet and distant"

"Bestieboo, hes leaving u in the house with the kids ALL NIGHT, coming in late and barely even talking to u? U ok?"

"Yea. It's just shitty. I'm hoping he'll sort his life out tbh"

"Sending prayers baba grill. U kno what men r like tho, gud luck"

"I need them lol, bored outta my brains. Might stay a night at urs at some point"

"Ur always welcome bebs <3 Enjoy ur day!"

"U too boo" You sigh and put your phone down, toying with your fingers as you wait for Night. They said it'd be quick, so you just hung out in the living room. It'd been about half an hour since they'd left, so they'll be back soon. You stretch slightly and go to the kitchen, grabbing a snack. You were upset, well more angry than upset, because of how Ruby laid it out. You couldn't even fault that list either. It'd been two weeks. Of non-stop whatever the hell your life had morphed into. Your daily routine right now was get up, shower, eat, wait for Nightmare, sleep for 3 hours. At first he was apologising for being out late, before kissing you and rolling into bed. Now he just gets in wordless. It's not like he didn't care, if he didn't care you'd have left. Being a full-time parental figure to four dangerous idiots was stressful work, you and Night used to work together, but now he just left you to do it. You finish your little snack and head back to the couch, slumping over as you sit. You were gonna need to have a conversation with him if any of this was going to work out. That's if you can even get a conversation out of him. You hear a portal and get up, walking to the corridor they usually all appeared in, met with 2 wounded and 2 paint covered skeletons, Night stood near them.

"Nightmare what the fuck happened?"

"We got ambushed again... I'm going out."

"Fuck no you aren't! You can't leave me to help these, probably go and get hurt yourself, and piss off again. It's been two weeks since we've had a conversation! Just, talked to each other. You've left me to look after everything for two weeks while you're out supposedly doing fucking nothing, since you won't even tell me!" And he left. He just ignored you and left. Fucker. "Shit. Do you two know what this paint does?" they both shake their heads. "Ok, it's fine. Go wash it off, shout me if you need me. I'll get them two to beds. D'ya know the healers contacts?" another head shake. "Ok. Ok. So, two of my kids are unconscious, and I have no clue what to do. When you two are done washing it off get in bed, just in case, and I'll come see you." You hoist Killer onto your back with a grunt, taking him to his room. Considering he was made of nothing but bones, he was ridiculously heavy. You checked him over for injuries, finding a few and making a mental note to sort that out. You did the same for Horror, he was even heavier, checking him over and mentally noting where they were. You went to go get Dust and Cross, finding them in bed with what seemed to be a cold. They didn't have any injuries; they were just sick. How could Night have left them like this? No healing, no comfort just a 'your mom'll sort it out.' It's safe to say you were pissed at him, but you were more worried about the boys now more than anything. You made the awake ones some lunch, telling them to stay in bed and drink water. You ate a little bit, but you were busy and not hungry. You got to work cleaning and bandaging anything that needed it, Horror seeming to have got the worst, with a very prominent crack twisting down his entire left arm and some more cracks around his headwound. That couldn't be good without healers, but you didn't know any nor could you get them here, so they were stuck with whatever first aid stuff you could scrounge up. You'd finished by 3, it taking longer than you'd thought to bandage a few of the injuries. You stretch before you get up to clean the kitchen so you can make dinner, already feeling your lack of sleep catch up to you. You'd just finished cleaning the kitchen by 5, not only meaning late dinner, but late dinner for two sick people that you were extremely worried about. They'd benefit from food, yet here you were taking your sweet time, not even started yet. You just whipped up something quick, plating it up and giving it to Dust and Cross quick. You still weren't hungry, but you knew Ruby would shout at you if you didn't eat something, so you had a little bit and cleaned the kitchen up again. By the time you were finished it was already 8, you wasting the day away playing housewife clearly. Going to check up on Dust and Cross, you walk slightly faster past the library, not knowing why you just did. Reaching their doors, you push them open to find them both napping. You sigh and head back to the living room, collapsing on a couch and pulling out your phone to text Ruby.