Chp 57

Notes:

Sorry about the wait! But I told you updates would slow down for the next month or so, so I did give warning. You need to bare with me on this one, I'm trying. But I personally don't feel like this flows very well from the last chapter, so I apologise for that. Anyway, I'm giving you two songs, one of which doesn't necessarily fit the chapter but I forgot to put it in earlier and it fits so yeah. So we have:

Christmas kids- Roar
The middle- Jimmy Eat World
I think that's all I had to say, so...
Enjoy <3

So now he hated himself for telling you not to get changed. It was definitely worth it. The contrast was jarring to him, and now he didn't know what to do. You were wearing heels. For stars sake, you were wearing heels. Again. He swore you did it just to tease him at this point. So he could play hero every time you tripped. But it was gorgeous, so maybe that was why you wore them so damn often. You'd think that someone would learn to walk in heels if they planned on wearing them all the time, but not you. Of course, you were an exception.

"Hello sir." You smirk, giving him a small wave as you step out of the main building. "Do I look date-worthy now?"

"You looked date-worthy before. Now I feel inadequate."

"How am I making you feel inadequate? You're a literal demi-god. I'm a puny homeless mortal."

"Don't word it like that. You're making me sound better than I am." He said stiffly. He was out of practice with unplanned dates. Especially when they're as spontaneous as this with you. Around people who used to hurt you no less. "What're we doing?"

"I was thinking we could go to a café or grab food and go to the park. We're coming up to dinner time right?" You ask, tilting your head. You clearly had no concept of time.

"It's 4 o'clock and Horror will be making me dinner when I get home." He sighed, stopping so you couldn't drag him anymore, despite how hard you tried. He wasn't moving until there was a real plan.

"At least I'm making an effort! C'mon, it's on me. A croissant can't hurt." You huff, still attempting to pull him along with you. It was cute really. Until you nearly fell over because of the damn heels.

"Fine. You go get the food. I'll find a nice place, which seems to be impossible here." He stated, looking around. It was dark, dank alleys and broken glass everywhere. There were no plants other than moss and weeds. How did someone so lovely come from this hellhole? It was ridiculous.

"It's not as hard as you think. Just get out of the city." You shrug, letting go of his hand. He didn't know how he felt about you wandering these streets alone really. But he told you to do it. Idiot.

You gave him an awkward wave before turning and going down the street. Great. He was venturing around on his own now as well, but he didn't know the city as well as you, so getting out of it was going to be harder. Looks like he was in for a long, long walk in a circle.

Stars why is it always so awkward with him?! Honestly, you're glad he sent you off on your own. You were just trying to grab lunch with him but you still felt so unbelievably... you . You felt too you. Too vulnerable. Especially in front of him.

Whatever. Be nice. Be good. Be kind. Be quiet. It works. Sometimes. At least you can't hurt him that way.

Just keep telling yourself that.

Damn it! Food. You were here for food. Not internal monologues from the past shouting at you. You were only in this place because it was the only place that would have you on such short notice. Suddenly your phone was ringing. Ruby.