Chp 56

Notes:

Hello! Sorry updates are taking longer, I'm actually taking my time and editing them to be better. Plus school, moving house, hard bit for me to write, being sick and actually going outside! Yay me! Anyway TW: Slight gore, murder, reference to bullying. If that's not all of it tell me and I'll change it straight away! And tumblr! Follow me on tumblr or you will perish! Mwahahahaaha
...
...
Enjoy <3

You liked the house! You liked it a lot. Much more than you wanted to. But you just saw you and the boys hanging out here and loved it. You saw how much they'd love it. And now you didn't know what to do. The tour was over and the lady was asking you what you thought of it. You had no clue what to say or how to act or anything, so you just sort of stood there awkwardly. Nightmare noticed and told her it didn't matter to try and save you, but really it did matter. You were supposed to tell her if you wanted it or not. You drag him off to the side by a tentacle, causing him to frown at you when he could catch a glance.

"Nightmare! What should I do?"

"Could you see yourself living here?" He whispers back. You nod. "Could you see yourself being happy here?" You nod again. "Then buy it. If you don't like it then you can sell it." He tells you casually, you nodding again for no apparent reason and going back over to the woman.

"When can I move in?" You smile awkwardly, not exactly knowing what to do. She somehow smiled broader, clasping her hands together in a gesture you assumed she'd done every time someone bought one of the houses. It was a bit overbearing for you, so you couldn't even imagine how annoyed Nightmare must be. You could just see him rolling his eye and frowning inwardly behind you. Then you giggled, because you always found it funny how grumpy he always is unless it was toward you. Or at least you did before you chastised yourself, remembering you were meant to hate him or whatever.

"Ah! If your payment goes through after it's been made then we can have it sorted in about three months!" You deflated a little at that. 3 months? You'd have to live in hotels for 3 whole months? You were hoping a little sooner than that.

You heard Nightmare give a groan behind you, gesturing for the lady to follow him as he walked out. She looked confused and slightly irritated but did anyway. That's because she didn't know the look. You knew it, it was the look he'd give when he was mad but didn't want you to know; like he was holding back his temper. But it was stupid, because you could tell anyway. Either way you just sat and waited. By now she was either dead or... not dead. You didn't really know an alternative to angry Nightmare other than death or him giving death threats, but you couldn't hear talking. Maybe the walls were just soundproof. Ooo.

Whatever happened out there, she certainly wasn't dead, but Nightmare got smiling lady to stop smiling. What an achievement. "Your husband" You cringe. Not the first time that mistake has been made, but it still hurt. It still caused that dull ache in your chest, and the worst part is you knew why. That fact just made it hurt more. She ignored it or something, because she just carried on. "has informed me that I have a week to get you in here. So you really need to get the payment sorted as soon as you can." She states, stepping outside.

You turned around to face Nightmare, feeling his stare burn its way into your back. He examined you carefully, that bright eyelight sweeping down your figure slowly. It sends tingles rolling down your body, but not because you were scared. It was because you were alone in a soundproof room with your sexy as fuck ex boyfriend who was just looking at you with his dumb sexy face and it was driving you crazy. You just needed him to say something and you'd be fine.

Almost as if he'd read your thoughts, he turned and walked away casually. Your jaw dropped as soon as the door clicked shut. Why was he so difficult all the time? You missed him. Stars did you miss him. But the heartbreak made you second guess everything. You knew he could flip like a light switch, and honestly that was the bit that scared you. You didn't need to be reminded how strong he was, nor what he could do if he did lose his grip on sanity for even a second. But whenever he was fine you were constantly holding yourself back from literally tackling him to the floor and kissing him harder than you'd ever kissed anyone in the history of you.