Chp 55

Notes:

I'm shamelessly plugging my tumblr where I post art of this fic. I'm not sorry. Also I'm moving house so updates will either slow down or speed up for the next monthish depending on how crazy I am. Also in this chapter I took inspiration from this castle-house-place-thingy:
https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/a-31-000-square-foot-montana-castle-with-10-bedrooms-and-19-bathrooms-129362
Yay! I said words! You can read the actual story now. Toodles! I mean enjoy <3

"Why do we keep cuddling on the floor?" It was a valid question. To be fair this time you were sat against a wall with a kitten as well as an octopus.

"We have nowhere better to cuddle." You shrug, messing with the cat currently rolling around on the floor between your legs. She was in a playful mood.

"I can think of a million better places to cuddle my whatever at this point." He grinned, turning his head slightly so he could look at you, who had your head on his shoulder.

"I am your ex-girlfriend cuddle thingy. My official title. Oh, and mommy to 5 homicidal skeletons."

"You mean 4?" He corrects.

"No." You re-correct. You said the right number the first time around.

"I hate you." He mumbles, sending mixed messages with his arm holding you a little closer. He was scared you were going to leave, wasn't he? Well you were gonna leave in like 10 minutes. None of this was planned and you didn't know how to feel about it.

"Most of the time you say otherwise." You giggle softly, booping him.

"Well I hate you right now. I won't in 5 seconds." He sulks. You weren't going to stand for these blatant lies.

"I don't think you hate me now. If you hated me I'd probably be somewhere over there." You tell him, pointing to a window on the corridor, letting sunlight in.

"Why?" He chuckles a little, out of confusion more than anything. He had a faint blue on his cheeks, it was adorable.

"It looks cool over there. That's why." You shrug but say this with full confidence.

"Ah. Good reasons." He chuckles a little more now, you cuddling a little closer to him. It was the moments like this that you missed, that's what scared you. He was dragging you back in with floor cuddles, and you couldn't help it. It wasn't fair, but there wasn't much you could do about it, so for now you were going to enjoy yourself. These would just be memories in a few years, you'd rather them be fond than not. This was very fond. "What were you planning for our next date?" He asks. You pause, pursing your lips slightly.

"Thats hard. It was gonna be a double date to help Ruby nab Error, but I don't really care about that right now. So... you can organise something actually good or we can do something fun but dumb. That's my style." You eventually shrug, sitting up against the walls so you can face him properly.

"I don't know if I trust you." He frowns, looking at your face for any signs of trustworthiness. There were none.

"I'm talking more like a night in sort of date where we grab takeout, watch some movies and play hide and seek." You smile, blushing a little.

"That does sound dumb. If I'm being honest, hide and seek isn't usually on my schedule." He smirks, booping you right on the nose.

"That must be why you're so grumpy all the time. I prescribe a round of hide and seek with the people you like." You giggle, pushing his hand away. "No! We can play paintball. I'll shoot you in the face." You giggle, petting the cat.

"How dare you." He says in mock hurt.

"Or laser tag! Or dance. We could always take a dance class. Or go camping." You list quickly, getting carried away with ideas. You might need slightly more than two more dates...