Chp 34

Notes:

Ok these two are giving me Toriel and Asgore vibes and I'm living for it. Thanks for your support guys! As I'm forever saying, please comment and kudos! It makes my day every time I get a notification and it motivates to write more and to get better! Enjoy <3

It'd been about a week and you felt great. Well, maybe not great, but better. A lot better. It turns out Nightmare had rebuilt the store, it was meant to be a surprise and a sorry present, but you weren't complaining. It felt like everything was back to normal now, you just missed the boys. You didn't end up going to grab your stuff, you got scared and just sent Error and Ruby to do it. You kept your phone on silent since Nightmare kept trying to call you, but you didn't want to block him in case he had to talk to you. Like if he wanted to arrange you seeing the boys or something. You could tell he was getting desperate, not that it bothered you all that much. Ruby had helped you get better at reading too, not that you could read perfectly still. You were on your shift when you heard the door go. They instantly came to the counter, which was weird. You looked up and gasped as you saw Cross. You immediately stand and throw your arms around him, him hugging you back.

"Oh my stars Cross! How've you been honey?"

"bad. I missed you... I-I missed you so much..." you hugged him so fast you didn't realise him sniffling poor thing. You rub his back soothingly and kiss his cheek before leading him to a little table.

"D'ya want a drink or something? It's on the house!" he chuckles sadly and it makes your heart hurt. He shakes his head and you nod, sitting down. "Where's everyone else huh? Or do they not miss me?" you giggle, shifting in the seat to get comfy.

"I'm kinda not meant to be here... I may have run away to come see you..." he looks down guiltily. Your eyes widen and you stand up.

"Honey I've missed you but you need to go back! I have nowhere for you to stay and Nightmare would kill me if he found out I was harbouring you."

"I doubt it. He's... weird. He misses you, a lot . I'm not asking you to go back, I'm not even asking you look at him. Maybe just talk to him though? I-I don't know what made you leave, it might've been really bad, but he's really sorry. I don't know, I'm probably asking a lot huh?"

"Oh... I-I suppose I could try. I'll have to to send you back won't I?" you watch his smile drop so you carry on talking. "Look, I'll call him now, maybe I can come back with you to see you guys? I'm sure Ruby wouldn't mind filling in for me for an hour or so." You smile softly and dial his number, sitting back down. It rings twice before he picks up.

"Hey! I'd love to talk literally any other time but I'm really busy right now! I can call you really soon though?" he rushed over his words, sounding stressed.

"Nightmare, are you looking for Cross?" there was silence on the other end for like a minute before he talked again.

"How did you know? Are you stalking me?"

"No. He came and found me somehow. I'm at work right now, you should probably pick him up."

"Oh thank the stars I thought Dream had him! Could you keep him a little longer? I'm also working. Except I may have missed an hour or so to look for him."

"I don't mind, I've missed my boys." You pat Cross on the head as you talk making him chuckle. An awkward silence fall over the call, Nightmare being the one to break it.

"Can we talk?"

"I can. What do you want to talk about?"

"Are you still mad at me?" you sigh at this.