Chp 30

Notes:

OOOOOO more cliffhangers for you guys. It's ok. I'm not crying now so you might not either. But maybe thats just because I've been texting the person who I based Ruby off of for emotional support. Not that she knows its for emotional support lol.

You looked around again, just to be sure. No one. You pulled out your phone and called Nightmare, hoping, praying even, that he'd pick up. Voicemail. You curse under your breath and try again... voicemail. You face palm and put your phone away, collapsing into a ball on the floor and full on sobbing . This was unbearable. You couldn't fucking take it anymore. You screamed into your arm out of anger, still having to muffle it so you wouldn't worry Cross. Hugging yourself, you sat up and crawled over to the wall, leaning against it and crying into your knees, like you did all those years ago. You were fucking exhausted, no one to turn to, nowhere to go. You had a headache, stars know why, and a dull pain all over that'd get worse every time you just moved, you were crying every two hours about seemingly everything, and on top of it all your boyfriend clearly didn't give two shits. You sat there and cried out into the night until morning, when you got up and cooked breakfast. Your days were always the same now. Routines unchanging. You grabbed the trays and delivered them, shoulders sagging, before taking your usual post outside the doors. You heard a portal, running to it yet again to find nothing. Sitting back on the floor, you pull out your phone and try to call him again... voicemail. When you check on Dust and Cross, they look worse. You can't do fuck about it either. You give them some pain killers and tell them to rest again, which they do. You try to call Night again, voicemail. You don't know why you even try anymore. Another sound, but this time you sit still, unmoving, just there. Were you even alive at this point? You sure didn't feel like it. You sit there for stars know how long till Dust needs you. When you're done helping him you get back in your spot, hearing another portal. You get up, but it's to make dinner, you don't even look down the corridor. After delivering dinner, you sit there for about 4 hours, until another damn portal goes off.

"WILL YOU JUST FUCKING LEAVE ME ALONE!" you shout down the dark corridors standing up, at who, you didn't even know. You just did. Suddenly you hear footsteps. Shit. Who was here? If it was Dream you were screwed. Regardless of aim you couldn't save the boys and yourself. And if Nightmare wasn't picking up you'd have no one to help. You were going to die alone. It was Dream wasn't it. Yeah. You were going to die. So would the boys and it was all your fault. You scream into your arm again, before falling against the wall behind you and curling up. The footsteps get faster. You shut your eyes, as tight as you possibly can. It was a good life right? But the blow doesn't come, nor does death. Just awkward, scared, glitchy shouting. Shouting if you were alright. Opening your eyes, you find Error slumped over your curled up body, not Dream. You unclench your jaw and will yourself to breath again, having stopped at some point. Sitting up, you finally register Error's here, and just saw you collapse like a frightened goat.

"Oh! I'm fine. You scared me. I wasn't expecting you."

"S-Sorry. Ruby c-called me and told m-me the sh-shit Nightmare was pulling. I-I came as fast a-as I en-ended the call."

"Oh. Ok."

"Are y-you ok? Y-You're acting d-different..." He took a deep breath and touched a hand to your forehead, quickly pulling it back. "H-H-Holy shit! Yo-You've got a fe-fever. W-Why the f-fuck aren't you i-in bed?"

"I'm fine. I told you before didn't I?" He stared at you. "Stop looking at me like that, I'm not lying."

"When d-did you l-last sle-sleep? Or e-e-eat?"

"I'm not inclined to answer that. Look d'ya know where Nightmare is or not? if you couldn't tell I'm extremely busy sitting on the floor."

"No on-one fucking kn-knows apparently. H-He'll turn u-u-up. He's n-not de-dead if you're wo-worried about that tho-though. Th-That as-asshole never di-dies. Now p-please, get t-t-to a fucking be-bed before I-I tell Ruby wh-what a state y-you're in."