chp 45

Notes:

Woooooo! 45 is insane to me. Anyway. Spicy chapter. Lots of mediocrely written action. Yay! Thanks for nearly 60 kudos. The fact that 60 people enjoy my writing enough to kudos? Crazy. Anyway... Enjoy <3

You found your bag and wandered down to the living room, wondering if the boys were in there. You weren't particularly fussed if they were or not, just wondering. Nightmare was being pathetic. You don't know why it took so long to realise. Maybe you were too busy being emotional yourself. But you got to thinking while you got ready. Just don't feel and you can't get hurt right? It made perfect logical sense. It also made it so Nightmare couldn't read you. You also thought about what he said. He was right. And you thought you could both be amicable about this, but then when he turned up at the door he choked. He was visibly struggling. Not that it bothered you. It was him after all.

The heels didn't really bother you now that you weren't thinking about them. They were just shoes, no point fussing over them either. It's not like you had anything else to wear obviously, but you might just slip on a pair more often from now on. They made you look less... approachable. And that's exactly what you wanted. You were sick of men coming into your life and breaking your heart, so you didn't want to make them come to you. You were sick of men in general. That's why you weren't really going to say goodbye to the boys unless they said it to you. There was no point in the grand scheme of things. You were already hurting them by leaving, saying goodbye forever or something wouldn't make that better.

You had your bag slung low over your shoulder, Not really bothering to carry it properly. There wasn't much point, you were waiting less than 3 minutes to get in your bed.

"Y/n!" you hear that familiar voice make a familiar call out to you. This really was getting annoying.

"What?" you huff, turning around to face Nightmare. He wasn't talking. "Well out with it. I haven't got all day neither do you if I must remind you."

"I'm sorry." He mutters.

"What for?"

"For our argument. I hate arguing with you." He frowns.

"Well I don't particularly enjoy it." You sigh, hands on hips. Your expression hardens. "What do you really want? I can tell that's not what you really wanted to say."

"I want to say a lot of things." Too bad you didn't want to hear them. "If this is the last time I get to talk to you I have a lot to say. Like I love you. So, so much. You can't even comprehend it. And I'll miss you every day of my life, I already have. And that I'm really, really sorry for hurting you. I broke a promise to myself, and to you. I wanted to say thanks, for making me laugh, and being the boys' mom. They love you too." He paused a moment, looking away. "I... please don't go. I didn't mean it."

"Mhm? Well I didn't mean that kiss last night." You said coldly, your icy voice penetrating him more than any attack ever could, made of positivity or not. "And I didn't mean anything I said this morning. Well, anything except when I told you that you don't know what's best for me, because you clearly don't." You spat, he cowered. As soon as you get dominant he's terrified. "For fucks sake Nightmare. Man up. You're scared of me of all people. A wimpy little girl who can't even walk properly in heels. Why not just shoot me a death threat? Or force me to be with you?"

"B-Because I love you." he stutters.

"That's rich isn't it? You only act like it when it suits you nowadays." You uttered indignantly. "Your bullshit apologies won't work on me. You think I don't know that you lie? I thought so. I thought earlier, he's a lot of things, but he's not a liar. And then you lied to me. Me . The supposed love of your life. And now I know you've lied about other things too. Like the fact half the multiverse is out for my head thanks to your shitty excuse for a twin. Or when you told me that you'd never hurt me. Or when you promised you'd never hurt me again. Bit of a pattern there huh? I have never lied to you. Not once. Because people who love each other don't do that. So maybe what you just said was a lie too." you spat. You weren't in the mood. Really weren't.