Chp 15

Notes:

TW: injuries
Wow you know what that means huh? Oh well, heres a lovely not at all depressing song: Forth of July-Sufjan Stevens
Enjoy <3

"Night, what the hell are they up to? I just wanna get this over with, I'm dying of exhaustion. Definitely great for moving out." He mumbles something like 'dunno' and slinks off quite literally into the shadows. "Show-off. Dust, you got any ideas?"

"Nope, they're probably procrastinating. Boss'll get em to move though."

"Why're you all so lazy?"

"In our nature I guess, just like murder. Can't be helped. You guys just have to deal." He shrugs and you laugh a little. You sit down at the table, your legs complaining about being stood up for too long. You sigh and play with your fingers, having put the knife down after nearly stabbing yourself. The only danger to you is you apparently. There was probably some saying for that, but you were too tired to think of one. You yawn and slump in your seat, tired eyes focusing in on little things to keep you awake, like the intricate patterns on the chairs, or the art carved into the ceiling. Eventually they drift shut on their own, you powerless to stop them. You awake with a jolt and a jump as you hear shouting. You probably fell asleep for like, 2 minutes before you heard Killer screaming at the top of his lungs, as he does most days. It still startled you a little though. You stand up and stretch, yawning.

"Morning sleeping beauty. Good nap?" Nightmare laughs.

"Not really, it was like, two minutes long, so I wouldn't even call it a nap. Also, I woke up to screaming, so not to fun either."

"Eh, you'll get used to it, waking up to shouting and such, or even someone shoutin' at'cha!" Killer, ironically, shouts at you. At that, Night opens the familiar tarry portal, and you all step through. "Anyway, we takin everythin or just the stuff you tell us to?"

"Just the stuff I-Oh." A tentacle shoots out in front of you, hooking you in next to Night, just fast enough to dodge a... laser dog? Whatever it was, it was adorable and firing lasers at you. "Awwww. It's so cute! Can we get one?"

"Sure, Dust?" When Nightmares done talking, about 5 of them appear, each firing lasers back, also forming an almost barrier between you guys and your house. "Dust, Killer? Take out whoever did this. Keep the main one alive if you can though." Dust nods and the laser things fire again, whilst Killer acknowledges the order by laughing manically and pulling out his knives. Night runs you into your house with Horror and Cross close behind and you start to grab things, sort of stuffing them into bags. "Why're you acting like you didn't nearly just disintegrate?"

"I'm tryna stay positive. Can't change the past. I didn't die, so it's fine right?"

"Ew, gross. Stop it." he pauses a moment and looks around before talking again "Need any help? I can grab clothes and stuff with Horror and Cross while you get personal stuff or something."

"Uh, Horror? Could you go grab my books? They're on a shelf in my room, heres a bag to stuff em in. Don't damage them though! Cross, Go grab my clothes. Just, put as many as you can in these bags. Night, you go help Killer and Dust. No arguments, go help them. Imma grab some other random stuff I want, then I should be good." They all listen to you, going to where they were told. You also listen to you, grabbing random stuff, like some fairy-lights, and a mug that you like to read with. Also, a dying house plant you affectionately named Fred, and despite you caring for it, it was still dying. You cradle Fred and your mug as you run around the house, frantically picking stuff up. Suddenly, you hear a loud bang, and a piercing pain shoots through your head as everything goes black. Your mind empty.

"YOU FUCKERS! I'LL KILL YOU ALL FOR THAT." Nightmare shouts, staring at the rubble that used to be your house. Turns out, mafiatale was here. Not only did they hate Night and his gang, seeing them as rivals, they owed Dream. So here they were. Explosives, machine guns, brass-knuckles and all. And the Papyrus threw a few bombs at your house when he realised you were inside it, of course he did. Nightmare went on a rampage, the fact they could've murdered you bringing up unimaginable rage. It was safe to say he was seeing red, murdering everyone fairly instantly, fuelling his own magic with his rage. He left Asgore and Papyrus tied up though, for obvious reasons.

"Killer, go play. I'm going to search the rubble. Dust, join him, if you'd like. Keep them alive long, depending on what I find, I may want a turn." He left to the rubble, looking for you, Horror and Cross. He found Horror and Cross fairly easily, considering they were on the top floor. They were a little beat up, but just kind of stuck. They got out and went to go have fun too. Leaving Night frantically looking for you. 5 minutes... 10 minutes... 15 minutes. He becomes more frantic every time he moves a piece to find you not there. How deep in this pile could you be? He grunted as he moved a particularly large piece, probably classed as a collapsed wall, before finding you under it, unmoving with a pretty big cut on the left side of your head. He curses repeatedly as he throws debris out of the way to get to you, currently trapped under stars know how much of your former home. He finally gets to you and gently lifts you up onto his knees. You're cold. Shit. He checks your breathing, to find, you are in fact not dead, thank the stars. He lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding and stood up, still holding you close, but careful not to move you too much in case you broke your neck or something. You weren't breathing too much after all, just enough for him to realise you weren't dead. He carries you over to the boys and mafia members, who looked roughed up and cut, but not close to death. Good. The boys turn around when they hear him approaching, but freeze when they see your limp, bleeding body in his arms. Papyrus and Asgore smirk, clearly pleased they at least injured you.

"Is-Is she-?" Cross whimpers.

"No, not right now. These two will be though." At that, Nightmare gave the order to kill, which the boys gladly did. They got you home, calling all the healers they knew. Also calling reaper, telling him to keep an eye on your status, and call them if it changed. You hadn't even stirred a little yet, just laying there, beaten, bruised and bleeding. Night tried his best to bandage you, but he wasn't exactly going to strip you naked to look for every cut and bruise like an autopsy report. He was mainly worried about your head anyway. A wound like that on the head meant something heavy and sharp from the house had hit you, and hit you hard. That couldn't be good. The healers got there, shocked you were even alive after your wounds. Great. He remembered that you hated healing magic for whatever reason, but this was necessary. He'd tell them to stop when he thought you'd be fine. He told them to stop when they said that your bones should be all good now and your headwound had stopped bleeding. He thanked them and they left, so did the boys, going off to do what they needed to. He didn't leave your side though, not once. Screw work, here you were, possibly dying, he wasn't leaving. When he came to terms with the fact you probably weren't waking up as soon as he'd have liked, he moved you to his bed, tucking you in and sitting beside you on the floor. He watched your face intently for any sign of consciousness or even life, but nothing. Sighing, he grabbed a book on his bedside table and started to read to you, remembering how happy it made you when he read to you last time. Not eating or interacting with anyone other than you, just sitting there, staring at the book, drawling out meaningless words of fantasy and romance and happy endings all night long.