Chp 4

Notes:

Thx for reading this! TW: MILD BLOOD/INJURY DESCRIPTION
:) Enjoy Ps: there isn't too much angst in here, so you'll be fine.

You lie on your bed, doing literally nothing. You're bored as hell, no job, no money, plus you don't really think you deserve to do anything when you did something so stupid yesterday. So, there you doing nothing. A notification from your phone jolts you out of your haze. Ruby's name pops up on screen with a text.
"Hru bb?" you want to say crappy, stupid, idiotic, bored, but you opt for...
"Fine. Hbu?"
"Noice. Do you wanna hang out later? Found some new job postings I think you should know abt"
To be honest, you don't want a new job, but you and Ruby were outta one, and you sure as hell couldn't afford to rebuild the shop, really you couldn't afford being unemployed.
"Sure, where u thinkin?"
"Ur house LOL"
"Oook but I have 0 food so bring ur own if u gunna get hangry"
"Idc. Tbh I got 0 food too"
"Sorry abt the shop btw. I knew u liked it there as much as I did"
"Stop acting like my dog died dude, it's not the end of the world, u only got like, one cut right?"
"Yup"
"Then we gud"
She was too nice. She was honestly only worried about you when she heard the shop collapsed. She wouldn't stop asking.
"When u coming?"
"Now lol. Prepare urself!!!"
You laugh a little and wait for a knock on the door. After about 5 minutes you get up to answer the door and hug your best friend.
"Heya gal! " She exclaimed, clearly excited.
"Hey!" You respond, you missed your bestie after all. "Wanna go sit down?" You ask.
"Of course, I do!" She smiles, the same enthusiasm in her voice as always. When you sit down you start to talk about jobs, each one sounding worse than the last. Your friend looks at you and smirks. You look back at her skeptically, expecting some crap to leave her mouth.
"What kinda boy troubles you got that you haven't informed me of?" She says smugly.
"What? Why do you think all my troubles equate to boys?" you laugh.
"Yeah, but this time I can tell. It's written all over your face you know!" She laughs back, probably seeing how stupid shes sounding.
"If you were right, what exactly do you think happened?" You say, humouring her.
"Hmm..." She stares into your eyes intently "Rejection, or you being stupid." She sits back and smiles"
"WHAT? HOW?" You shout, completely shocked.
"A girl can tell. Now you have to spill the beans!" She exclaims, clearly overjoyed to talk about anything over than jobs.
"Ugh fine, so this guy came into the shop, and while I was making his coffee, one of his kids destroyed the shop and tried to kill me. I punched the kid and they both apologised, him offering to pay for the damages in full." You say as she nods, intently listening "So anyway, I meet up for coffee with him and he buys me one, then invites me to dinner at his as an apology, I go, meet his kids, he sits me in his comfy chair and tells me he's a king. I go to sleep in his castle because it got really late, and bake with his kids in the morning. They get all sad when I leave, he take me home, hugs me and I tried to kiss him! Naturally, he runs away all flustered and I realise it was an idiotic thing to do."
She smiles at the end before asking a question "How much did he smile and joke around with you and stuff?"
"OH tonnes!" You laugh thinking about the jokes and how much fun you had.
"He likes you then" she says with a completely straight face.
"What? How did you gather that!?!" You ask confused.
"Same as how I could tell what was up with you, I just know these things!" She tells you like it's a fact. "Just text him! He'll feel as stupid as you right now!"
"What do you mean?"
"He'll know you'll feel stupid now and feel stupid for making you feel stupid!"
"What?!?!"
"Trust me stupid!" She exclaims "This is like, the only kind of stuff I'm good at!" To be honest, you had nothing to lose and she wasn't exactly lying
"Fine!" You grab your phone and pull up his contact. "What the hell should I say?"
"Make him know you feel stupid, he'll just be thinking you feel like that, reinforce it!" She shouts at you. You forgot how she got about boys. You start to type.
"Hey, sorry about yesterday. Idk what came over me, I just feel kinda stupid rn : ( " You show her the text and she nods.
"Send that, then wait for a reply." You press send, and within 5 minutes you get a reply.
"Told you he'd be right on it! He likes yoouuu!" She mocks.
"Shut up! He's texting back!" You shout at her. Silence surrounds you both as you wait for the message.
"Don't worry abt it, honestly. I was being stupid too ig. U ok?" He texts back. You show her the text.
"OMG! He's so in love with you!" She squeals like ten-year-old girl. "Ok, say 'Thanks, still friends?' He'll take a little while to reply to that one, cuz he wants to be more. Then he'll either say yes and invite you over again, or say yes and ask to meet up somewhere."
You type it up and send it. Just like she said, it takes longer for him to reply, then he invites you over.
"How are you so good at this!?!" You ask, completely shocked.
"I'm a matchmaker bebs! No why around it! Quick, say yes! Don't make him think your hesitating!" She says, smiling like crazy.
You reply and he says he'll pick you up today at 8.
"OOOO someones got a dateeee!!!" She says whilst looking at the time. "Speaking of I'll leave so you can get ready! You've only got like 3 hours gal! Bye!" She announces as she leaves.
Huh, she's too good at that considering she's never met Night. You shrug and get in the bath before putting a quick layer of make-up on and picking out a few dresses and packing an overnight bag just in case. You fold up the clothes he gave you and put them on the top. You pick out a beautiful black dress, with a sweetheart neckline, a balloon hem on the skirt and black lace where the skirt met the bodice. You smile at yourself in the mirror and slip on some black heels and the necklace you wore last time. Suddenly there's a knock at the door, you check the time, your bath must've been longer than expected.
"Coming!" You shout to the door. You run to the door and open it.
"Hey!" You smile.
Cross smiles back and says "Wow you really got dressed up huh? Uh Boss wanted to tell you he'd be a bit late. We're all a little-"A loud crash sounds around you "preoccupied... Anyways, I can either escort you somewhere out the building, or you can wait here-" Another louder crash sounds out around you "But I think Boss would be happier if I did the first option."
"Ok then I guess." As soon as you speak he pulls out a massive knife and tells you to follow him. To be honest, you were a little scared you had to be escorted, but maybe being associated with Nightmare could be bad? He is a king after all. You didn't really have much time to think as you were nearly struck with a black substance coming off a paintbrush. The person who did it didn't even apologise before turning to Cross, who was still focused on protecting you.
"Cross, old buddy. The invitation to the stars is still open! You shouldn't have joined the bads you know, doesn't suit you!" The person exclaimed, still hurling paint at you and Cross. He was clearly getting overwhelmed but was still trying to keep you safe.
"Ink! Stop! There's someone behind me you know!" Cross shouted at this Ink guy. Ink didn't even hesitate to keep bombarding you and Cross.
"HEY IDIOT! I exist you know?!?!" You shout at him. He still hurled the black stuff at you, maybe even faster now.
"NIGHTMARE! Help!" Cross shouts, still getting covered in the black stuff, his knife only taking half of it. You got a little bit of it on you and it burned like acid, god knows how he was taking it all for you. Suddenly something wrapped around your waist and took you a safe area. It turned out to be one of Nightmare's tentacles.
"You ok?" Nightmare asked frantically. If he let his brother and those gullible idiots hurt you he doesn't know what he'd do.
"Yeah, I just got a little bit of that black acidy stuff on me that that Ink guy was throwing at me. Cross protected me though, WAIT CROSS! IS HE OK?" You ask just as frantically.
"Cross'll be fine. I-"He was suddenly hit with a blue glowing arrow, he hissed at the pain before turning around and pulling the arrow out, throwing it like it burned him.
"NIGHTMARE! STOP HARRASSING THAT MORTAL!" A yellow skeleton shouted over to Night, clearly being the one to fire the arrow. You glare at this new skeleton; how dare he shoot Night while he was PROTECTING you?
Night glared at him too before saying "Dream, I'm busy. Pull back your boys or I'll make you retreat. I have things to do, and your slowing it down substantially" He practically growled. So this yellow thing was his brother, huh? There was a stark contrast between the twins, you liked Night better still.
"Just step away from the girl brother! I don't want her to get hurt!" Dream shouted back to you two. Night sighed, apologised and told you to wait there before moving away. Dream came and stood near you, a childish happiness filled the air around you both.
"Are you ok?" Dream asked. That's the last straw.
"NO I'M NOT FRICKING 'OK' YOU IDIOT! NOT ONLY HAVE YOU AND YOUR FRIEND -HURT- ME AND MINE, BUT YOU'VE ALSO RUINED MY DINNER PLANS AND NOW YOU DECIDE TO CARE? YOU COMPLETELY WRECKED MY DAY! OF COURSE I'M NOT HAPPY!" You scream at him before walking over to Night, standing in front of him. Night smiles at you, eager to see where you're going with this. "Go ahead! Shoot me 'my hero'! Just know I'll kill you if you lay another hand on MY boys!" You shout, too frustrated to fully grasp what you were saying but Night and Dream noticed, their eyes widening. Dream lowered his bow and it turned into a set of knives.
"I didn't know you were dating someone, brother." He spat "I'll have to keep an eye on her next time, huh?" He suddenly ran forward toward you two, probably expecting you to move out the way. However you didn't, instead taking a blow to the hip and catching one of his arms. You wince at the sudden pain in your hip before twisting his arm around to his back and kneeing him in the face before saying "I tried to warn you!" you push down on his arm a little until you here it snap. He screams and you turn to Night and say, "Sorry I guess, just leave me alone." Nightmare's clearly shocked but you just remind him of the boys and how he needed to go get them, the slice in your hip becoming noticeably painful now. Damn it, you liked this dress! You go sit down on a wall, feeling a little light-headed. You hold your hip, not wanting Night to worry about you. He tells you to wait there while he goes and gets the boys. You do as your told, and he comes back with the boys. A few of them were injured, but not that badly, just scratches or marks. Night opens a portal and notices you wince as you stand.
"You ok?" He asks you, worry in his voice.
"Yeah" You inhale. He helps you through the portal and the boys follow you. You seem to come out in some form of living room, comfy couches and a tv lining the walls. Night looks at your hand holding your hip, his eyes widening when he sees blood.
"KILLER! GO GET THE FIRST AID KIT!" He shouts, everyone looks at him confused.
"What why we'r- "Their eyes all fall to where he was looking, your hip. You look down, huh, it may be a bit worse than you initially thought. Blood runs its way through the cracks in your hand. Now that you're looking at it, a sharp pain shoots down to where you're holding. Killer runs out the room to go grab the first aid kit. Night tells you to sit down while they wait and moves your hand to look at the cut better.
"Ow." You say. "Hey, do you guys know where my bag is?" Everyone swarms you, completely ignoring your question. They all ask you a bunch of questions, except Night, who's just kind of standing there. Killer comes back and Night looks at you. He comes over and tells you this is going to hurt quite a bit, but he had to clean it.
"WAIT! Did any of you pick up my bag? My phone was in there!"
"No, we'll go get it later, we need to wait for the stars to leave before we can go back." Cross says still watching you and wincing a little.
"What, I'm fine! I'm not screaming or anythi- OW!" You shout as Night puts a cloth on your hip. He winces a little but keeps going. You squeeze your eyes shut and scream a little. It feels like your entire side was on fire, and someone was rubbing acid into you. The boys leave to give you some privacy and get you some snacks and water for afterwards, since you'd lost a lot of blood. When he was done, Night apologised and grabbed a bandage, although it was all a bit on and off now because you were on the verge of passing out from the pain. He wrapped it around your hips and sighed. Suddenly you were in his arms. He whispered to you how sorry he was while he carried you to the room Cross put you in before. He set you in the bed and tucked you in, telling you to rest.
He left the room, as much as he didn't want to, you needed rest and his aura would probably give you nightmares anyways. As soon as he got to his office he just collapsed in his chair. It was suffice to say he was mess, not only did he watch you get STABBED by Dream, he didn't even help you beat Dream up whilst you were protecting him! Seeing you like that just upset him. He thought he'd protect you if something like this ever happened, not let you get hurt. What if you'd died? Dream had taken a lot away from him already, you shouldn't be on that list. What if he never got to tell you how he felt?
He needed to do something to get his mind off this.
Of course, he didn't even have time to do that before his boys came in. You said YOUR boys out there, why?
"Boss is Y/n ok?"
"Yeah? Is she?"
"Does she need anything?"
"Where is she?"
"SHUT UP! Yeah, she's fine, she's in the spare room Cross put her in the other day. DON'T YOU DARE GO IN! She needs rest or it won't heal properly!" Night said, he didn't need another headache.
"Couldn't someone heal her?" Killer asked, clearly distressed.
"Killer, a week ago you said you were going to kill her and tried to. Do any of you know healing magic?" They all shook their heads "Thought not. Horror go start on dinner so she'll have something good to eat when she wakes up, the rest of you, stay away from that room!" He was worried you hadn't been eating enough after seeing the way you ate at dinner, he didn't want you to be uncomfortable ever again, not after you met him. He'd have to sort out the bookstore soon and get you some money. Hey, that was something to do! Sort out the bookstore! The boys all left and he got started on the task at hand, working on the shop.
You woke up, blinking blearily at your surroundings. You tried to move, but then you feel a sharp pain up your side. You groan a little before getting out of bed. Oh, you were back at Night's. Suddenly memories of Dream and Ink come to you. You sigh and hold your dress, now torn, crusty and a brownish colour. You liked that one. You remember they left you bag and groan. Oh great, you're limping slightly now. You leave the room and remember the route back to the banquet hall. You walk down to the kitchen and see Horror in there.
"Hey Horror! Do ya Know where I can find Night? I still need to grab my bag!" You say whilst holding your side. He gasps and runs over to you, clearly glad your awake.
" Are you ok? Need anything first?" He asked, concern in his voice. You laugh and tell him you're a little thirsty. He grabs you a drink and goes to get Night. They both come into the kitchen, and he looks at you. You walk over to him and thank him for patching you up and letting you sleep there, and apologise for getting blood everywhere.
"Don't, really, it's fine. Do you need anything? Pain killers, food, more bandages?"
"Uh, can you go get my bag? Also, I didn't see how bad the cut was, but I feel all gross. Do you think I could get a shower or am I looking at a sponge bath?" You giggle, when you find he isn't laughing with you, you stop. "What's up?"
"To be honest, you probably are looking at a sponge bath. And if I know my brother, which I do, he stole it to use against me or its destroyed. I'll look for it anyways though, since you broke his arm they probably left quite quickly, and we wont have to deal with him for a little while." He chuckles at the end, clearly finding his brothers broken arm amusing. He then stepped through a portal going to get your bag.
Horror gives you a cookie and you take it gratefully. Now that you think about it, you're starving.
"When's dinner gonna be ready hun?" You ask. He laughs and says soon. He takes you down to the living room where all the boys swarm you. You tell them to leave you alone and that you were fine, before you sit down on one of the couches. You notice one of them now has a blanket over the top, probably the one you bled all over. Ugh, you wanted to clean it up so bad, honestly more embarrassed then anything else. Suddenly you were pretty much covered in a pile of bones, all cuddling up to you and telling Killer to hurry up and put a film on before they murder him. He pick some sort of horror film, that everyone groans at he clearly had put it on a lot. They stopped grumbling and sat back and watched it after about 10 minutes. You weren't really paying attention, just having nice cuddles the yo- the boys.
After about 30 minutes Night comes in and asks you if you're having fun.
"Yup. Not what I expected, but still fun!" You reply.
"Do you live alone or not?" He asked. You were a little confused but told him your living conditions.
"hmm, I was worried about the injury is all. Do you think you can manage on your own or do you want to stay here for a bit, just while you heal up. I can see if I can get a favour from someone good with healing magic instead if you want?" He asks.
"NOPE! No, I'm fine for healing magic, honestly, don't want it. I'll just stay here. Gimme my phone real quick and I'll update Ru about the situation."
"Ru? Who's that?" He asks, confused he hasn't heard of them yet considering you sounded fond of them.
"Oh, she's my best friend! But we're more like twins to be honest! We've known each other since we were kids and opened up the shop together! We're pretty much opposites, but in a good way!" You say fondly, thinking of all your memories with Ruby.
He smiled at you and said something like I see before throwing your bag at you.
"Nightmare! Calm down sir! You could've hurt one of the boys then!" You giggle. They all murmur in agreement and Night shakes his head. "Oh I know what it is! He's jealous! Aw Night, do you want to join in?" He laughs and Squishes in next to you, making Killer fall of the couch in the process. "Oh Nightmare this is unacceptable! You can't just hurt people because you feel like it!" Killer shouts something in agreement before Night starts talking.
"Oh really?" He turns his head to look at you, and you look back smirking. "You poor mortal, unaware of my power. I'll tell you something princess, I can do what I want, I choose to be kind."
"So now you can't decide if you're a king or God hmm?"
Ah, that's where you're wrong. I'm somewhere in the middle I'd say."
"Oh, and what do you call that?"
"I used to be called a guardian, but that doesn't really work for me anymore" He grins " I'll gegt back to you on that one."
"Mhm" You hum in victory as you close your eyes and nestle into his shoulder. Stars, why were you so tired? Probably something to do with not enough food and healing. Well a nap couldn't hurt.
Plus you were so comfy here.