chp 27

Notes:

AAAAAAA Noot has to get back to work! Working on the next chp, it'll be a fun one! With that, enjoy <3

You wake up, yawning slightly before stretching. Getting out of bed you kiss Nightmare on the forehead and leave, going to make breakfast. You decide on some easy toast and orange juice, making a coffee and a glass of water extra just for Nightmare. You grab Error's portion and knock on his bedroom door, saying good morning and passing him the food before you deliver it to all the boys, leaving Night till last.

"Hey crankypants. I made you some breakfast in bed to motivate you to get up for work."

"Ugh, fuck don't remind me about work. They've got me out at night since I can see in the dark and stuff, plus all day for whatever reason. I promise I'll be back by midnight every time I'm out though, I can't leave you any longer I swear." He groans, probably from the hangover.

"I'll stay up for you honey. Here, hurry up before I eat it." You hold out the tray to him.

"You've not eaten yet?" he asks, concern lining his voice.

"Nah. I might have something later, not too hungry right now though." You read Night's expression and carry on talking. "I'll grab something after you go to work, promise! I'm actually not hungry right now though. I was really full last night, so not too hungry now." he nods and takes the tray, sitting up. "I'm gonna go get a bath, need anything while I'm gone?"

"Gimme a kiss, probably be gone by the time you're out."

"I feel bad for your colleagues."

"No, I'm all alone today. Can't even shout at anyone. Woulda just been reaper anyway." he grumbles, you just giggle and kiss him before grabbing a towel and getting in the bath. Relaxing more, you washed and got out, now fairly calm and clean. Sure enough, Night was gone. Looks like it was you and the boys for now. Oh, and Error, can't forget him. You put on some jeans and a cute sweater you bought the other day before going to the living room to wait for the boys to turn up. You told them to after giving them breakfast, so they will eventually, just had to wait. One by one they filter into the room, each collapsing on the couch next to you until Killer came in, last to arrive.

"Right guys, I'm going to let you give me suggestions on what to do today since your dads out. I have to say it's ok though."

"Uh, beating each oth- I mean training. Yeah." Killer pipes up.

"Cooking!" Horror says happily, hands in the air.

"Games... I guess." Dust mumbles, hands in pockets as per usual.

"I vote training too. Or something else practical, like sewing or something." Cross adds, shifting slightly in his chair.

"Ooo! Cross wins. Kind of. I got an idea off his idea. We shall be learning to knit! I kind of know how to, it's fun and useful, plus might as well while Error's here to teach us." You shrug just as Error walks in. "Oh hey! I was just about to come get you. D'ya think you can teach us idiots how to knit?"

"Speak for yourself." Killer snorted.

"Shut up Killer. Yeah, no, maybe?" you talk with your hands, sort of rolling them between options.

"U-Uhh. Maybe? N-N-Never taught a-anyon-one."

"You seem nervous. Glitching more. You don't have to if you don't want!"

"N-No its f-fine. I-I-I think I-I just d-do that in t-the mornin-ing." He shrugs awkwardly and sits on an armchair in the corner, opening a portal and grabbing his knitting needles. "U-Uh you n-need some of t-these. I c-can get yo-you some?" a chorus of yes's filled the room, him chuckling softly and opening another portal, pulling out more needles and putting them on a pile in the floor, before grabbing various balls of yarn and chucking them next to the needles. You all proceed to take two and a ball, holding them and sitting back down patiently. Well, except Killer, who was far from patient. "H-Hold the-them like t-this, an-and hold t-the yarn i-in your left h-hand... Yeah. T-Tie a slip k-knot around t-the needle in y-your right, then pull it t-tight. G-Grab them two s-s-strands and s-s-sort of pu-pull them up in-into a Y shape, y-yeah. T-twist them into e-each ot-other, then keep doing th-that like ni-nine times.." He showed you all what to do, holding his up afterward. Killer, who was hardly paying attention, kept struggling. You sighed and went over to him, helping him out. After a few hours, you all actually got pretty good at knitting for beginners, making scarves. When the boys finished they all left, but Horror had to drop his early to make lunch, asking you if you could finish his off. You had long since been done with yours, so you said yeah. You and Error just made idle chat as you both knitted, him making something other than a scarf. He was actually quite quick with knitting, not that you were surprised, he did tell you he did it pretty much every other day. You eventually finished Horror's scarf, folding it and putting it aside once you'd tied it off. You stretched before remembering something.