Chp 36

Notes:

Sorry this took so long! After my holiday I took a little mental health break since school work lol. Fairly long chp to make up for it tho! Thanks for your support guys! Expect posts to resume as normal from now on unless I say otherwise lol. Enjoy <3

Then you realise what you were doing. What he was doing back. Why the fuck did you run to him? He did all this to you. He was the one who hurt you, so why have you run to him for comfort?

"No. This isn't right." You push off him, making distance between you two, how it's meant to be. "I'm going home... I'm going where I'm meant to go. I don't want your reassurance. I don't want comfort from you."

"What did I do this time?"

"Its not this time. Its still last time. I can't do this." You turn, looking back at him. "Not after what you did." You run, not wanting to stop until you get home.

" Wait! " You stop reluctantly and turn around. Why, you didn't know.

"What do you want Nightmare?" you sigh, staring at him.

"You can't just go on your own! Someone might attack you, and I'd fucking kill myself if I let you die." he shouted, awkwardly putting his hands in his pockets like you'd been the one to stop him.

"If I die it doesn't concern you. If I die its not your problem. And you won't kill yourself. Not when you have my kids to look after. Good fucking night." You say angrily, twisting on your heels. Why did he think he had the right to talk to you like this?

"What did I do? I'll do what I fucking want. If I want to walk you home I will."

"That's called following a woman home. That's creepy. Fuck you. Go to work asshole." Suddenly you got a call from an unknown number. "Hello?" your voice breaks and it sounds horrendous. So whoever it was knew you were crying. Great.

"Hey, mom! Ar-Are you ok?" It was Cross, and he sounded really concerned.

"Oh hey honey! Yeah, I'm fine. I'll call you back in literally 5 minutes, just walking home right now!" You smile, trying to sound a bit happier.

"Why're you crying?" there was a pause before Horror said something. "Did Nightmare do something again?"

"Uh. No... its just me getting emotional over it all. Just a little overwhelmed right now. Sorry. Don't worry, I'll be fine! I've got Ruby... So why'd you guys call?" You query, sounding slighty concerned.

"We have a little problem." Dust said, monotone. "Killer touched Error and he crashed. What are we meant to do?"

"Just give him space and he'll reboot after like half an hour. Don't touch anything or even move until he reboots. I swear, if you hurt yourselves I'll make sure you're ok then ground you for like 2 days. You've been warned." you put as much of a serious tone as you can into your voice, trying to get the message across.

"Can we not stay on the phone? I miss you Mom..." Cross whined.

"I miss you guys too! But I really need to get home... I'm stood in the middle of a dark street alone right now. Ruby'll be worried, I'm usually back from work."

"You have a job?" Killer asked, sounding confused.

"Well yeah, otherwise I'd look after you guys a bit. It's not fair on your father that he has to have you all the time. I need to make money somehow though or I'd be homeless, and I couldn't buy food or books or clothes or have you guys over for some fun since I couldn't buy anything." You laugh slightly.

"I thought dad gave you money?" Cross said.

"He does. I don't use it. I don't want it, and I told him not to, but he still does. So I just don't use it." you huff, sounding frusterated.