Chp 44

Notes:

Hello! You know I gave you too much fluff yesterday right? So you know whats coming. Sorry not sorry. I promise this is one of the last chapters where they're apart though. In two or so chapters they'll be at least going on a date on romantic terms. At that, Enjoy <3

You'd been awake for a second and you'd already deducted that this morning was going swimmingly. Everything hurt, you were in a place that felt and smelled suspiciously like Nightmare's bed and you faintly remember something embarrassing happening last night. But you couldn't remember fully. That was the annoying part. If you tried too hard your head just throbbed, despite your one glass of wine. To be fair, it was one glass of wine when you hadn't eaten or drank much else, and you were exhausted, so maybe it was one glass of wine too much. Which also explained why you felt like you were underwater. You picked up your phone, it really needing charging but you didn't care that much, and remembering something you screenshotted from a news article to show Nightmare. It was about him, and you knew it was good when it referred to him as the ' self-proclaimed King of darkness'. You made a mental note to show him that later and carried on looking through your notifications and such before nearly falling out of bed at a pounding at the door. You let out a very long breath, rubbing your eyes.

"I'm awake. What do you want?" You say groggily in the doors general direction. It was probably Nightmare.

"Mom? Why're you in Dadmare's room?" You were shocked when Killer very loudly shouted through the door when he could be heard just fine if he talked. You winced and replied, already just wanting to go back to sleep.

"Because he isn't. What do you want Killer? I'm not in the mood for shouting right now." You sigh, massaging your temples.

"I want dad. Where is he?" He asked, still shouting right up against the wall.

"I have no clue. But I wouldn't bother him unless you want to be thrown out of the window. He'll be hungover." You say, trying to keep the frustration out of your voice. Seriously why did you have to wake up for this? "Is that all you wanted?"

"Mhm. Wait! Can you get up and help me look for him?" He whined, you groaning at the high-pitched noise.

"No. Don't bother me unless someone gets hurt please." You say, putting a pillow over your face. Then you realise what it smelt like and kept it there for an embarrassing amount of time before putting it back under your head and contemplating stealing it. Then you started thinking not only straight but that you were crazy. You feel a pulse of magic and look around, finding Nightmare clutching his head whilst leaning up against a wall.

"Ugh. I keep forgetting how horrible teleporting is when I'm hung over." He says, rubbing his face. "How are you this morning anyway?"

"Dead. I'm dead. Don't come near the corpse or I'll turn into a very angry zombie." You groan, flipping over away from him.

"You don't seem very dead. Dead people twitch, but they don't move. Or talk for that matter." He chuckled, groaning a little himself. "So uh... Do you remember last night?" He asked, sounding scared. That really made you confident. You were debating saying yes so you could figure out what happened, but you also didn't want to make conversation. "Hello? Is anyone in that blanket pyramid or not?" He chuckled, patting your hand under the blanket gently.

"I remember that we did something. But I don't remember the severity of it. Which is why I'm a little spooked why I'm in your bed. Please tell me we didn't-" You say, facepalming.

"We didn't! No..." He said quickly, bright blue in a few seconds. New record. He was very eager to cut you off that time huh? "We kissed. Twice. For a... little while. But it's ok. I wouldn't think about it too much if I were you. You said it was to shut me up because I was talking too much. And you're only in my bed because as soon as we came inside you flopped in it and I felt bad moving you. I just slept in a spare room." He said, rubbing his skull awkwardly. You forgot just how heavenly his morning voice was. It was thick and lov- Oh come on! You quickly shook yourself from thinking about that, reminding yourself that you could at least seem to be under control if anything else. There's another thing you noticed. He was in a t-shirt. Not a sweater or hoodie (Which you were apparently wearing?) but a t-shirt. And it was the sexiest thing you'd ever seen. Just a plain, grey t-shirt and you felt like you were slowly dying on the inside. "Are you ok?" He said softly, moving some hair out of your face. "You're hot." he said, touching a hand to your forehead delicately.