Chp 26

Notes:

Quick warning I wanted to mention in this chp: I added drunk Noot, I'm in no way glorifying alcoholism and this is the first and last time it's happening. He isn't in any way aggressive or abusive, just a troupe I was squeezing in for people who might think he's cute like this. I want to repeat I am in no way glorifying, supporting, or writing major alcoholism into this fic, he just got drunk once and it's now. If you can't handle this for WHATEVER reason, don't force it. Just stop reading near the end of the chapter. Take care of yourselves guys! At that, enjoy <3

Edit! I drew Y/n and posted it to my tumblr, so if you want to see the dress go on this link!

https://www.tumblr.com/fawnofthemeadow/716213389071925248/finally-drew-this-so-i-had-this-idea-when-i-wrote?source=share

Nightmare was nervous. For whatever reason, stupid or not, he was nervous to take his girlfriend out on a date. What if you didn't like it? What if you pretended to like it? What if you were joking before and didn't even want to go? He needed to stop thinking. Thinking is dangerous. He took a deep breath, he couldn't go wrong with what he picked, he looked ok and told you what he was wearing so you could sort of gauge off it, plus match, and you seemed excited, so you probably do want to go. He just needed to calm down so he didn't actually melt. He sighed and tried to stand less awkwardly to no avail. If he was awkward he was stuck standing awkwardly. He heard something behind the door and it spooked him into standing up unbelievably straight, which he kept up in case you were coming out. He heard a breath from behind the door, making him relax slightly more. You were nervous too, that didn't stop him from standing so stiffly though, he couldn't help it. Still scared. The door opened, you behind it in a dark purple ballgown, sticking out skirt but not by too much, black and purple fabric flowers sewn onto the bodice, slowly decreasing in size and amount the further down the skirt you go, also having clumps of then down the arms which were a lavender netting which stopped tight at the wrists.]. You put on some black heels with it, not that you could tell. You left your hair as is but did put some makeup on.

"Is it over the top? I-I didn't know if I guessed the outfit right." He just stares at you blushing, yet again. That's a habit of his. You blush more out of embarrassment and turn to go get changed. "I thought it was. I need to learn not to over-" He caught your arm, stopping you from going into the bedroom.

"It's great. You got it right, don't worry. I'm just trying to save this mental image since I'll be going out for work more often in a few days." He sighs and looks at you a little longer. "When did you even get that dress? I didn't see it the other day, it's gorgeous."

"I wasn't gonna get it actually, thought I'd never have a reason to wear it. Error pretty much forced me to get it, not that I'm complaining. Pretty right?" He nods and you giggle softly "I was actually really nervous, but I feel kind of silly now. You should wear a suit more often though. It's really nice."

"Thanks." He smiles and blushes gently. "You ready then? Just standing here is making me feel like an awkward teenager, you need to stop doing that to me. It's mean."

"Sorry! I can't help it. I am ready though. So what we doing?" You step out of the bedroom closing the door.

"Nice try princess, I'm not spoiling the surprise just because you look beautiful." he chuckled softly making you laugh too.

"Worth a shot, c'mere then, we can cuddle walk!" he laughs and offers his arm which you take, trying not to step on your skirt. "I love you."

"I love you too. C'mon." He blushed more and hugged you close, opening a portal to the first bit of the date, which seemed to be a cute little restaurant with like two other couples there. Soft light filled the room, from fairy lights and candles. You were led to a little table in a corner hidden from the rest of the rest of the room, like a little quiet corner just for you two. The waiter took your orders and wandered off to the kitchen, leaving you two in your little spot. "D'ya like it?" Night smiles, watching you look around.