Chp 53

Notes:

We get some Nooty POV here! How juicy! We also get an insight into the brothers' very very complicated relationship, and Dream's unhinged but still well-meaning attitude. Next chp we'll probably get a little more Nooty POV it depends on if I can be bothered writing it. Lol. I had a song suggestion but I forgot it so I'm just gonna plug the Spotify playlist the Kimale made again. I think that was all I had to say? Enjoy<3

He'd arrived. He wasn't late. But Dream was. Not that he expected anything better of his brother. Pale bars of moonlight shone through the cracks in the old wood, striping the area inside. Nightmare had found a rather unceremonious spot on the dusty floor of the old barn, waiting for his twin to appear. It's ok, he was used to waiting for Dream to appear, especially in Dreamtale.

He hated to admit it, but he was thinking about you. Not only was he thinking of you, he was thinking of you sat alone in that damn room. There were alcoholics sat outside of that place. He just hoped you were ok. The only real reason he left was so he could wait here for Dream. Almost as if you knew He was thinking about you, he got a text.

"Sunday, 11:30. Househouse."

He was always surprised by how little sense you could make sometimes, yet everyone still understood you. It baffled him. He recalled you and Ruby talking about someone giraffing across the road and he understood it. He was probably free then.

"Ok"

Simple enough a reply to such a moving and cognitive sentence.

"Brother?" There he was. His usually bright voice accompanied by general exhaustion and an eerie creek of the old door. It was literally older than him. He wondered why it wasn't off his hinges yet, both of them were. Maybe doors were more resilient than guardians.

"I'm here Dream." He sighed, standing up from his spot on the floor.

"Ah. I'd hope so! I wouldn't want to come all this way for nothing." He smiles. There was a faint sadness that flickered across his face before he walked further into the barn and closer to Nightmare. The only reason Nightmare noticed in the first place was because of a pale strip of moonlight that ran across his face.

"Where did you come from?" Nightmare asks before he got to think about it. He silently chastised himself for blurting things out, in front of Dream no less. The last thing he needed was to say something he might regret to his brother.

"I only know how to teleport to mother since that's basically where I was for the past 5 centuries. I forgot where everything else was." Dream shrugged, seeming embarrassed more than anything. That naïve sod. Nightmare didn't even know when he was being serious anymore.

"You had to bring that up didn't you?" He mumbled, face palming. He was already sick of this conversation.

"No...? I don't know what exactly to bring up. We haven't had much fun things to talk about since you-" Dream sounded confused. He was still too stupid to recognise sarcasm then. Nightmare swore a pig was smarter than his twin brother in most situations. At least Dream could comprehend english. Unable to read it though. He didn't have a problem with illiterate people, but he enjoyed pointing out the fact that Dream couldn't read because it upset him. Sure it was mean, but he really didn't care at all.

"Shut up Dream. Stars, anyone would think you were an idiot if they talked to you for five minutes. I still can't believe we're twins. I doubt anyone else can either." Nightmare huffed in retort, watching Dream with a disappointed eyelight.

"That's not fair to say Nighty-" Dream whined. Nightmare winced, but he thought he hid it pretty well. Dream didn't seem to notice at least.

"Don't call me that. I'm not 5, nor are you, so stop acting like it." Nightmare cut him off. He didn't want to hear it. He didn't want to hear Dream call him his childhood nickname. Dream gulped under Nightmare's glare and carried on talking.