Chp 49

Notes:

WoooOOOOoooo. I'm on a roll this week! Anyway, I have a few things to say. Not really. Just one. I really appreciate your support through kudos and votes! It's so weird to me that people actually like what I write, not only that, but they wait for another chapter?!?! It's so crazy, and I'm so thankful. So yeah. You all make my life better, so thanks for that. Anyway, enjoy <3

You both wandered down the high-street, looking for a good ice cream store. You knew a few, but they were shut. The sun still blazed down, and it just made you want ice cream more. Nightmare had taken his hoodie off, and you felt like you were dying every time you looked at him, so you stopped looking at him. He seemed to have noticed, but he hadn't said anything about it.

You saw a place, pointing out to Nightmare. He nodded, wandering across the road with your hand in his. You were sure he didn't actually want ice cream, he just wanted you to be happy and wanted to stay with you for as long as possible.

You both push open the door, the ice cream seller greeting you with a smile. "What can I get you two?" she asked happily.

"What do you want?" you whispered to Nightmare, not really having talked on the way here.

"I don't know. I've never had ice cream before." He whispered back hesitantly.

"Seriously?" You ask a little louder than a whisper out of shock. He nods, seeming slightly embarrassed. No wonder he was so grumpy all the time. "Wow. Ok. You should get vanilla then. It's boring but it works." You shrug, addressing the ice cream lady. "Two vanilla doubles with sprinkles." You grin, turning back to Nightmare who had some form of expression that you couldn't rad on his face. "What? Nothing wrong with a bit of fun is there?" he huffs out a no and watches her scoop it on handing you both your ice creams as you pay.

"Hey. I was gonna do that." He tells you, stepping out of the small store and back into the sun.

"You did do that." You laugh, licking some ice cream. It was GOOD. You'd have to remember that place. Nightmares staring at you, and you could tell he was holding in a laugh. "What?" you ask, tilting your head and nearly losing your ice cream.

"Its on your nose." He snnrks, wiping it off for you.

"Oh that happens sometimes." You giggle, having some more. "Your turn now. Eat some." You smile, holding his hand and carrying on walking. You wanted to take him to the park, maybe have a nice walk, then you could go back home to the castle. He licks at it awkwardly, his expression instantly changing when he properly tasted it. You swear his eye turned to a star again, whenever it does its so quick you didn't even know if it actually did.

"Oh my stars! Why have I never had this before?" He exclaims, having some more.

"Because you're too grumpy." You laugh, reaching the bookstore. "Oh hello work. Do you want to nip in for a minute?" You ask cheerily, turning to Nightmare who was focusing on his ice cream now.

"Uh... We can go in if you want." He said, mouth half full. You pushed open the door, Ruby looking up tiredly before instantly perking up when she saw you.

"Y/n! Thanks for the recommendation, this guy is H O T!" She grins, showing you that she was reading what she told you to. She stole some of your good biscuits for coffees at work, but you chose to ignore it.

"I know! What about the um... café? Where he gets her that drink? Isn't he just gorgeous?" You laugh, wandering over to see where she's up to.

"Yeah! I just read that bit." She smiled, pointing to the line she was on.

"Ugh! And when he brings her flowers? Someone should bring us flowers." You point out, completely forgetting your ex-boyfriend and current date was in here.